Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Does anyone know what the next promo will be?

Contributor

Does anyone know what the next promo will be?

You probably can't tell us even if you do know...but just thought I'd throw it out there.  I definitely want to buy a S9 but I always like to wait at least a few weeks after a new device is released before I buy it.  Any word of what there might be after the $250 promo expires on the 22nd?

Official Employee

Re: Does anyone know what the next promo will be?

D-man, we haven't gotten word about any upcoming promotions for Samsung (including the S9 series) just yet. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

If you're interested in an S9, you might want to jump on the current $250 Samsung promo. My guess is it'll be another 2-3 months before the next Samsung offer.

Here's a rough promo history as I recall it; draw your own conclusions:

8/25/17 - 9/13/17  $200 off any phone

9/13/17 - 11/x/17   I don't think there were any phone promos, other than $500 GC double/triple play & retention department deals.

11/x/17 - 12/14/17 Samsung $200 GC

1/x/18 - 1/25/18     LG X Charge $150 GC

1/26/18 - 2/25/18   iPhone $200 GC

2/26/18 - 3/22/18   Samsung $250 GC

Frequent Visitor

$200 off any phone was definitely the best one so far. Don't think we'll see that again anytime soon. Just don't trust these gift cards with all the problems people have been reporting. 

Contributor

Thanks Mike, that is a good recap of the promos.  I think I will just go for it (in store so I don't have to worry about shipping problems I read about here!) because the longer I wait, the longer I am paying more money on my bill.  

The gift card thing does sound a little scary but I do believe if you truly qualify for it and fight hard enough, you will eventually get it.  I have received gift cards from Comcast in the past and sometimes they arrived properly, but one time I got the runaround.  I found a way to email a Comcast executive and she responded right away and I got the gift card.  

One thing I wonder about in the future is, if these promos are only for adding new lines, and there is no fee for additional lines, what is to keep someone from adding a new line to get the rebate and then just cancelling their old one?  Sounds like you can swap sim cards so you wouldn't be losing your number so you could even just wait the 90 days and cancel the new line.

Official Employee

One thing I wonder about in the future is, if these promos are only for adding new lines, and there is no fee for additional lines, what is to keep someone from adding a new line to get the rebate and then just cancelling their old one?  Sounds like you can swap sim cards so you wouldn't be losing your number so you could even just wait the 90 days and cancel the new line.

D-Man, well there is a 5 line maximum, firstly, so there is a limit there. They could cancel the line after getting the rebate, but if they were paying off the phone in installments, that would continue (or they would have to pay it off in full cost, up front). We do not encourage swapping sim cards as that can create feature related issues. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation