Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Denying my refund on returned phone

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I bought a Samsung S8 and an iPhone 7 for service with Xfinity

I returned the iPhone. I called within the 30 day timeframe for returns, sent the package back, it was accepted without issue. 

2 weeks go by and I get an email saying that return was refused because with major physical damage, water damage, or Find My iPhone was enabled. 

None of this is true. The iPhone was perfect. It literally never left my house and was never out of a case outside the 1 minute from out of the box to the case. It was barely used. The is zero chance there was water damage when I packed it up. Zero!!

I called customer service and they said they sent it to Tier 2 customer service and that I would get a call from them soon.....LOL....who knows when

Very angry and I know for a fact that the phone was PERFECT when it went into the box and left me. PERFECT! 

So now I do not have the phone, seemingly going to be stuck paying for it (although I assume I will get back a NOW water damaged phone). 

So frustrated. I will cancel all my services with Xfinity but they dont really care I would assume. 

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

dntsdad, it may not have been damaged, but do you know for certain that find my iPhone was disabled before you sent it back? Do you have the ticket number? I can check on it's status. Just send me a private message with your full name, account number and address. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 3
If this is true, sure is a heck of a mess to deal with. I wonder if taking pictures of the phones in perfect condition before sending it back in the box and purchasing insurance for delivery would’ve been wise considering it’s just a he said she said type of problem. I hope the problem gets corrected but makes me wonder what I would do in that situation.. hmm