New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Decided to stay with XMobile afetr first month

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 5

After much delibiration, I decided to not cancel my service within the first month. I'm still in observation mode and curious to see what happens if I'll stay with Xmobile.

I don't have problems with the cellular service they provide, since  Verizon Wireless has a decent coverage in my area. XMobile unlocked all of my phones (three in total). My main concern lays with the limitations of their web site and billing systems, where I don't have ability to see itemized usage records, and thus have *ABSOLUTELY* no control on how much charges they can bill to my account. I really hope that XMobile will address it, otherwise it opens them up to possible legal issues. They should be able to provide itemized usage records for all billing charges, otherwise if customer contends the charges, XMobile would have hard time to win it in a court. I wouldn't be surprise to see if some greedy lawyers picks up on it to file a class-action suite. For thier own sake, XMobile really needs to fix it and alllow customers to see all detailed usage records for services provided by XMobile. I hope someone from XMobile is reading and taking notes.

-albertr

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

albertr, thanks for reaching out here. I'll be happy to answer your questions regarding your usage. Please send me a private message with your full name and account number for help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 5

Here's a summary of concerns I have:

1. Current itemized usage records cannot be accesses from XM website. I know that usage records are available to XM immediately, it just not being integrated to be accessed on XM website. As a customer, I want (and should be able to) to see current itemized usage records, especially if I have kids and need to monitor their usage of mobile devices. It's essential functionality to families with kids and it's currently missing on XM website.

2. Ability to control data usage per device from XM website. This is another essential functionality that is lacking in XM website. As an owner of account, I need to have  ability to setup data caps per device and to turn on/off data per device from XM website. Any parent with kids on a non unlimited data plan would understand what I mean. Currently the only functionality available is to send email alert if data usage goes above the certain cap, but it's not sufficient. There  should be a possiblity to set up automatic data limits (per device per billing period) and to turn data ON/OFF per device.

Let me know if you need more feedback about my experience with Xmobile, I'll be more that happy to share it/.

Thanks,

-albertr

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 5

Here's a summary of concerns I have:

1. Current itemized usage records cannot be accesses from XM website. I know that usage records are available to XM immediately, it just not being integrated to be accessed on XM website. As a customer, I want (and should be able to) to see current itemized usage records, especially if I have kids and need to monitor their usage of mobile devices. It's essential functionality to families with kids and it's currently missing on XM website.

albertr, you are able to view itemized usage records via the XFINITY Mobile website. Once you login to your account, you can navigate to the bottom of the page, click on a line,  and there you can see the breakdown for the data. Usage isn't quite real time but you it's pretty close. You can find out more here: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221763947/

2. Ability to control data usage per device from XM website. This is another essential functionality that is lacking in XM website. As an owner of account, I need to have  ability to setup data caps per device and to turn on/off data per device from XM website. Any parent with kids on a non unlimited data plan would understand what I mean. Currently the only functionality available is to send email alert if data usage goes above the certain cap, but it's not sufficient. There  should be a possiblity to set up automatic data limits (per device per billing period) and to turn data ON/OFF per device.

If you have an android device, you can set up data limits within each device. I suggest disabling VoLTE (unless you need it), but those restrictions can be done within the phone itself. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 5

Ken,

1. Can you post a screenshot from XM website showing where can I see my itemized data usage? I cannot find when I log into my account. The only usage records I can see are for phone calls and SMS/MMS messages, not the data. And even then, there's no option to export them as PDF file or Excel spreadsheet.

2. IMHO limiting data on the device itself is not gonna do any good. Any smart kid nowadays can figure out how to changes/enable it back in no time. There should be an option to control it remotely from XM website when logged in as an account owner.

-albertr