Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DO NOT SWITCH - RECEIVED 3 LEMON LGX & STUCK WITH THEM - KEEP YOUR CURRENT PROVIDER

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Some things are too good to be true and Xfinity mobile is one of them. Like most of you, we wanted to lower our monthly cell phone bill so we decided to give Xfinity Mobile our business. We ordered 5 LGX LEMONS. Two of the five phones will not work with voicemail- the number do not respond when pressed to access voicemail or enter pin number. The other 3 lines are the kids and they dont use voicemail at all so for all I know they don't work either. I have spent at least 8 hours on the phone over the next 6 weeks with level 1,2,& 3 customer service reps. I was told that it was a known issue and they were working to correct it. It's a new service, I will just be patient, they will get it fixed. WRONG! When I finally realized this issue was not going to get fixed I checked into getting a different phone. They refused to do this because I was past 30 days at the time of the request. How convenient! Just tell the customers were working on the issue, wait til 30 days pass, and then tell them they are past the return period. How devious does a company have to be to save a few dollars at the expense of good paying customers? I offered to pay the difference in the tax & cost of the phones but they refused. They offered me an exchange of the same phone but I had to get the insurance for $144 per year. (what's the point??? Why would anyone pay an additional $144 per year to get the same piece of garbage they wanted to exchange)  I wasn't asking for 5 new phones, just one. In my opinion, Go elswhere! You will end up spending just as much money and even more time with the problems. My ticket number was 16682_ _.

Hopefully this post will prevent someone else from making the same mistake. Peace!

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 5

If you're talking about the LG X-Power, I got that lemon too, so did other people who ordered this phone for their XM lines. For some reason, the Xfinity Mobile voicemail system does not recognize the keys that people press on the dialpad to set up the voicemail. I believe this is a glitch in the Xfinity Mobile voicemail system, I do not think it's a problem with the X-Power. I can use the Android Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app to manage the voicemails OK. I just could not check my voicemails via phone dialpad (even with the DECT 6.0 phones connected to the X-Power via Bluetooth) because the PIN could not be set and therefore, it doesn't exist. My advice to the new XM subscribers is to select the X-Charge instead of the X-Power if you only want to get the least expensive XM phone then move the SIM to another phone. I moved the XM SIM to the LG V20 I bought later on Amzon.com and I still have that voicemail issue. I don't think XM technical folks can fix it by now.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 5

HONEST_REVIEWER, have you tried to set up voicemail via the voicemail app? Meanwhile, I'd be happy to check on the ticket you posted above. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5