Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Credit check failed while purchasing a iphone

New Poster

Credit check failed while purchasing a iphone

I already have a xfinity internet connection to my apartment and today I tried to buy a iphone with xfinity mobile. Once I go to checkout, site required the credit status check and it failed. As I have migrated to USA last month, I hope my credit score is not that matured. Is there a workaround that I still can purchase those phones? I even can pay the full amount for the phones but still site blocked me to complete the purchase. I don't know the meaning of checking the credit status even when I pay full. Can someone help me out?

Official Employee

Re: Credit check failed while purchasing a iphone

Hello dimuthu1990, since you do not qualify for the services you've requested based on the internal liability check. An external credit check (ECC) is required to proceed with the order, once this check is run you will be approved or they will reduce the requested devices requested to get your order to process. Please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" if you want to have an internal credit check performed.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

You can have a credit score over 800 with a 100 percent payment history and still have a "FAILED" . I know. I verified my credit score as above and was told I failed. That I would have to wait and they would monitor my payment history before I could get a third phone. I advised that I would pay for the phone in advance but was denied. It's evident they are not using credit scores to approve any cell phones over 2. I have pages of documentation in dealing with them
New Poster

How many billing cycles did you have to wait before they let you add another line? 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation