Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast selling refurbished phones as new?

Contributor

Comcast selling refurbished phones as new?

I purchased an Apple Iphone with the Comcast Xfinity mobile service. Upon receipt of the phone and trying to set it up, I was unable to obtain verification of my Apple ID with their servers.  A senior Apple engineer with tech support informed that, according to their records, the phone sent to me was a refurbished phone locked to Verizon.  There was no record of Xfinity Mobile as the carrier.  This seems correct as on the phone screen it says "verizon" as the network.  This seems to be a very shady way to do business.  

New Poster

Re: Comcast selling refurbished phones as new?

They are also selling Samsung S7 that are refurbished as new
I called Samsung about the S7 I was using, gave then the number and found out my phone was a refurbished. It has about 3 months use on it according to Samsung. I just got it a month ago.
New Poster

They are also selling Samsung S7 that are refurbished as new
I called Samsung about the S7 I was using, gave then the number and found out my phone was a refurbished. It has about 3 months use on it according to Samsung. I just got it a month ago.
Tags (1)
Contributor

One of two iPhone SE's I've ordered from Xmobile website was a refurb with 3 hrs 9 mins on talk time (for some strange reason they didn't reset it correctly to erase prior usage stats). Cosmetically it looks fine. However, I wish they stop selling refurbs at the price point of new devices. It would make me as a customer feel much better if they gave me a discount on a refurb device.

-albertr

New Poster

I'm starting to think the same thing as well about my iphone 8

The true iphone 8 is supposed to have super scratch resistant glass front and back

My phone is if not in my hand (no jewelry. ie rings or bracelets)

or on a soft surface (couch or blanket)

or I keep it in a soft mesh lined pocket of my jacket with no metal near it. and it's developed a scratch

That only happens on replaced glass. I've seen so many review videos of iphone 8 and X being tested with knives, keys, and other daily metal objects and not a single indication of a scratch.. mine stays away from my keys (separate pockets) and never comes in contact with anything rough..

Frequent Visitor

I purchased a galaxy s9+ and it was brand new.  It is possible, since xfinity does use the verizon network it might show verizon. 

Frequent Visitor

All glass will scratch.  It is only scratch resistant, not scratch proof.  Buy a screen protector.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation