Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Classified C

New Poster

Classified C

I was charged $350 because the iphone 8+ that I sent back-a box with padding and cushion inside a box was rated a C when it arrived back to Xfinity. I know I sent that phone back in excellent condition. I knew I would have to pay a $35 restocking fee, but $350! That's outrageous. And the representative on the phone started speaking to me aggressively too. Saying "well, I have pictures of the phone and it was ALL scratched-up! Really?

I'd like to see the pictures and I will also be contacting FedEx, but Scratches??? that's just unreal. I tried to contact Xfinity via chat and was told I could only speak to a Rep. by phone. When I  first tried to return the phone, I went into an Xfinity store and they said they could not accept my phone, I could only return it in the mail. So I called Xfinity again and this time got a very pleasant person. Still had to pay $350 or me and my daughter would not have ANY service. Our accounts were totally suspended. I have been an Xfinity customer for almost 3yrs. and that did not even matter. 

I can't afford losing this $350, I need my money back. I will be contacting FedeX and Xfinity again and again. This is VERY wrong. I know the phone did not have any scratches, it never even left my house???

Official Employee

Re: Classified C

Hello Debrad408, I am sorry for the confusion related to the refund policy. Unfortunately, for devices that are returned with damage, there are associated charges. The policy is outlined as follows: Devices returned like-new or with very minor cosmetic wear receive a full refund if the device is still functioning properly. Devices with more obvious damage, such as dents or cracks, are considered damaged and will be charged in full (or C-stock $350 if part of an exchange / $100 if an LG device). This is Xfinity Mobile policy and is outlined in our Terms and Conditions that you received via email. Again, I am sorry for the confusion that you may have had concerning this policy."

Exchanged Devices

• Like-new or minor damage (A or B condition): No charge
  • Grade C charge for Apple/Samsung devices: $350 restocking fee
  • Grace C charge for LG devices: $100 restocking fee
  • Grade D: Charged full price of the device

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I want to see the pictures of the device I returned. If you are harming me for damage than O want to see the damage on the phone that I returned. I want to see the pictures of the phone with the IMEI# that I returned that your service rep.said she could clearly see was the phone that I returned.
I also paid for insurance on that phone as well, so that should have covered any damage.
I know without a doubt that the phone I returned had no scratches or dents. I am very upset and want to speak to someone in authority at Xfinity. I have been denied the opportunity to speak to a Supervisor or anyone in authority.
Debra Xxxx
Xxx-xxx-xxxx
Official Employee

To honor your request I will need to create a ticket for our security department and warehouse to review, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation