Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot Get Gift Card From Adding a Service in August

New Poster

Cannot Get Gift Card From Adding a Service in August

Getting total run around from Xfinity Mobile about giving me the $200 VISA gift card for new service added in August.  In November, rep told me had to be in good standing for 90 days.  That would mean after December bill was paid on time.  That has passed.  Still haven't gotten.  Now I've spoken to no less than 5 reps, entered a Tier 2 ticket and when I ask to speak to a supervisor, I get placed on hold and told they are all busy helping other customers, my ticket is being looked at by ER1 and they should be in touch.  Before, it was someone from Tier 2 would be calling me on the 16th.  Today is 22nd, and now been on hold for 20+ minutes.

I'm beginning to think it's a scam.  Bad thing is, we just added another phone to our plan.  Ugh!!  Terrible customer experience!

Most Valued Poster

Re: Cannot Get Gift Card From Adding a Service in August

kym7xy wrote:

Getting total run around from Xfinity Mobile about giving me the $200 VISA gift card for new service added in August.  In November, rep told me had to be in good standing for 90 days.  That would mean after December bill was paid on time.  That has passed.  Still haven't gotten.  Now I've spoken to no less than 5 reps, entered a Tier 2 ticket and when I ask to speak to a supervisor, I get placed on hold and told they are all busy helping other customers, my ticket is being looked at by ER1 and they should be in touch.  Before, it was someone from Tier 2 would be calling me on the 16th.  Today is 22nd, and now been on hold for 20+ minutes.

I'm beginning to think it's a scam.  Bad thing is, we just added another phone to our plan.  Ugh!!  Terrible customer experience!

I asked about the timing of receiving the gift card when I signed up in person recently for two lines and two $150 cards for LG phones  and was told that the reason we have to wait 90 days is that many would sign up, get the card and then stop the service which  made sense to me. Now I am starting to worry already that after 90 days I won't get the cards.  You went thru a lot to get an answer and got no where so I am bracing myself. My Xfinity service center is close by and I will 'sit on them' until I get resolution if the cards don't come soon after the 90s days.

Official Employee

kym7xy, typically giftcard promotions are sent out in 16-18 weeks as long as you keep the promotion for 90 days and your account is in good standing. I can check on your ticket. Please send me your full name and phone number associated with your residential services via private message. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I would like to find out about status on this as well.  I added a phone line back in Sept/Oct and still waiting.  I don't want to get to 16 weeks and find out nothing is happening.  Can you check for me somehow as well.  When i click on private message it doesn;t work??  Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi Fletchcom, thank you for reaching out. You can find your prepaid card status by visiting here www.xfinityrewardcenter.com.   You will have to enter your account number for your core services (i.e. internet/phone/cable...).  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

wrote:

Hi Fletchcom, thank you for reaching out. You can find your prepaid card status by visiting here www.xfinityrewardcenter.com.   You will have to enter your account number for your core services (i.e. internet/phone/cable...).  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

That link you provided is broken.  The URL is correct but goes to this error page....

Bad Request - Invalid Hostname

HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.

Tried several times from different browsers but I googled and found the rewards site and found my upcoming gift card. Wouldn't it be nice if they had told us when we got the phones and qualified for the rewards that there was a reward tracking site?

Official Employee

You can also try this: 

https://xfinityrewardcenter.com/status

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation