Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can I use my ATT SIM card in my Xfinity iphone7?

New Poster

Contributor

Re: Can I use my ATT SIM card in my Xfinity iphone7?

I dont see why not.  The Apple phones are compatible with a lot of LTE bands both domestic US as well as overseas.  Im sure it would work once the phone is unlocked.

New Poster

Been doing a lot of research but when not on wifi or hotspot it uses the Verizon Towers so I'm not sure if at&t and Verizon are interchageable or not.

i am an AT&T user and contracts up and want to go with xfinity but monody seems to have precise info and it's frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

An AT&T model iPhone 7 will not work with Xfinity Mobile service. An UNLOCKED Xfinity Mobile iPhone 7 will work with AT&T service, but there are no guarantees that things like visual voicemail and mobile hotspot will work. It's a safe bet to stick with a device model from the carrier that you plan in using. If you switch from AT&T to Xfinity Mobile you will be using a SIM card from Xfinity, not AT&T.
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm for a fact that AT&T works 100% on an iPhone from Xfinity Mobile. My fiancé had to use AT&T on the iPhone I got for her last month because she was still on her mother's family plan.
New Poster

If possible use someone else's unlocked sim from the company you want to switch to before switching. I bought an iPhone from straight talk and here I can't ever switch unless I get a new phone. Had I known that I would have never bought this one to begin with for that one fact alone. My service is good and I prefer pay as you go for the cost is almost half or what any plan ever cost me.
New Poster

I just want to confirm, 2 things: 1) can a unlocked or locked xfinity iPhone be used on ATT network? 2) for this to work, simply put the ATT SIM card in and it works just fine?  Thanks 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation