Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can I bring unlocked iPhone X from AT & T over to Xfinity Mobile?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Can I bring unlocked iPhone X from AT & T over to Xfinity Mobile?

Can’t seem to get a straight answer on this. I know I can bring an unlocked iPhone 6S over to Xfinity Mobile, but can I bring my iPhone X over as well? I’m currently with AT & T. Some say as long as it’s unlocked, one can bring the iPhone X over. Others say that it doesn’t matter if it’s unlocked, the iPhone X will not work on Xfinity Mobile regardless. Is there a definitive answer? My family has unlocked iPhone 6S’ and I have an unlocked IPhone X on our current AT & T plan. I’d like to bring all 3 phones over to Xfinity Mobile. Can this be done? Thank you for any assistance.
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I bring unlocked iPhone X from AT & T over to Xfinity Mobile?

Which model is it, the A1901 or A1865? The A1901 is the one typically sold for use on AT&T and won't work on Verizon's network. The A1865 is compatible with both networks.

Go to Settings-General-About and click on Model to see the model number.
View answer in context
Problem Solver

Which model is it, the A1901 or A1865? The A1901 is the one typically sold for use on AT&T and won't work on Verizon's network. The A1865 is compatible with both networks.

Go to Settings-General-About and click on Model to see the model number.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it’s the A1901 model. Figures. Looks like I’m out of luck. Thank you for your reply. Do you know if, eventually, Xfinity Mobile will allow this model to come over from AT & T? Just wish I could get off AT & T since I’m spending way too much on its 10GB share plan. Also wonder if I trade in this iPhone X (256 G, if Xfinity Mobile would give me a good price.
Problem Solver

Sorry, there's not really any chance of that model working on Xfinity in the future. It's not something Xfinity can change. The phone hardware doesn't support the frequency bands used by Verizon and Sprint. It does work on AT&T and T-Mobile, so T-Mobile is another option.

Xfinity is very tightly tied to Verizon for wireless services so I don't see Xfinity changing networks.

I don't know, but I doubt Xfinity would give you a better price for a trade than you can find elsewhere. There are a number of online price estimators for used phones.
Official Employee

gabel26, -Mike is correct. The iPhone X from ATT isn't compatible. You can check device compatibility here: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation