New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Bring your own iPHONE

ANSWERED
New Poster

Bring your own iPHONE

I can understand not allowing all devices to be a Bring your own phone.  However I am VERY disapointed that iPhone users are not allowed to Bring your own phone. I know that with iPhone once you restore with your Carriers sim card in it there is NO difference in an iPhone (usa purchased) from Xfinity and the iPhone I bought unlocked from Apple.  This is severly limiting Xfinity from a HUGE customer base and I feel the only true reson is that Xfinity is only interested in phone sales revenue and not building an Xfinity mobile customer base.  If you allowed iPhone users to bring thier own device I can tell you right now from my family alone you would have about 20 lines of service and at least 10 of those would pay the unlimited Data charge.

SO I would like a REAL answer as to why iPhone users cannot bring thier own phone and not the ridiculous we cant guarentee it will work answer your people keep repeating as after over 15 years in cellular tech support I KNOW this is a complete LIE.  (or did you forget you are a verizon network resaler and Verizon allows bring your own phone)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring your own iPHONE

XFINITY does now allow you to bring your own device if you sign up for XFINITY Mobile. For the latest information about XFINITY Mobile features, equipment and policies see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/UPDATE-XFINITY-Mobile/td-p/2905316

View answer in context
Problem Solver

The issue isn't technical.  It's contractual between XM and VZW.  If Verizon allowed Xfinity Mobile to have all the features that they provide, and XM is offering the service at 1/3 the cost, why would anyone stay with Verizon.  Hence, Verizon held back BYOD and WiFi calling as perks for those who stay with them.  It's got nothing to do with your lovely iPhone.....

Official Employee

Hello all, we don't have a "Bring your own Phone" program in place just yet. But we are working on getting this process added in the future. Thank you for your feedback please look for updates on our website by clicking on this link

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

XFINITY does now allow you to bring your own device if you sign up for XFINITY Mobile. For the latest information about XFINITY Mobile features, equipment and policies see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/UPDATE-XFINITY-Mobile/td-p/2905316

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation