Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BYOD for Adnroid

New Poster

BYOD for Adnroid

Hello, 

I went into a Comcast Legacy Store two weeks ago and they said that Xfinity Molbile was supposed to start rolling out the BYOD for Android in April 2018, 2 months after BYOD for iPhones. Is this true? 

If not, is there an updated date for when BYOD for Adroid will be available. This is the only thing that is keeping me from going to Xfinity mobile, because I don't want to have to buy brand new phones and give up my working Android phones which I like. I have 2 paid off S7's on my current carrier, and if I were to get 2 new phones I would be paying more for my service than I would with my current carrier. 

Thanks, 

Palert33

Frequent Visitor

Re: BYOD for Adnroid

Stay Tuned they will let you know on this site. when available.

New Poster

We are waiting...

Much interest in this area.  I've received several calls from Comcast to switch to XMobile, but seeing how I just purchased an unlocked Motorolla, not gonna be buying a new phone to make the switch. (Currently on Republic Wifi carrier; Comcast is handling all my data/calls/text anyways except when not at work or home; so basically always)

New Poster

Re: BYOD for Android

Any updates in regards to when you will allow android boyd? Also will there be restrictions on what devices we have Samsung S6 and S6 edge
Tags (1)
Contributor

Are you using your Unlocked Motorola on Xfinity? I am and everything is good.

Official Employee

Hi  all Android devices are not eligible for the BYOD program at this time and not showing any further updates.

Thank you 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation