Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BYOD calling issues

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

BYOD calling issues

I'm reposting this thread because I'm having a hard time getting an answer or replying to the original post:

Have a BYOD iPhone that I signed up for Xfinity Mobile through one of the limited Xfinity stores. Iphone 6+ with 16GB

Issue 1:  Whenever I call the other line on my Xfinity account and that phone is unanswered, I get the standard Verizon Wireless message: "We are unable to complete your call, to speak to a customer service representative please hang up and dial *611. Announcement 3" without going to their perfectly set up voicemail of the other party.
According to Verizon (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-143291), this is related to an account being suspended!
I also notice this randomly when calling other numbers.

Issue 2: Cannot make outgoing calls to T-mobile phone numbers: I don't get a ring back or hear anything from the other side. In essence cannot make a phone call to T-mobile numbers. Meanwhile, I am told the other person can hear me well when I am attempting to talk. Tested this with five T-mobile numbers. Reproducible like a charm!! Does not happen with other carrier phone numbers.

This is not a device issue as these issues came up as soon as I switched to Xfinity Mobile. Made multiple phone calls but level 1 is pretty much helpless, an call back from tier 2 was given at 2 hours and then 72 hours! I am trying all ways to get this resolved before I make a corporate escalation.

Tech Support sent me a new SIM card but still having the same problems.
Accepted Solution

Re: BYOD calling issues

Correction: I am able to consistently make phone calls and use data simultaneously. Darn autocorrect. ;-)
View answer in context
Official Employee

nomezd do you have a ticket open for these issues? 

The first one sounds like a voicemail feature or provisioning issues.

The second point, I've actually heard from one other forums users who has BYOD. Please send me a private message with your full name and account number (residential) for more help. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I've left several messages, including direct message but have not received a message back. I've even tried to calling for help. No luck. I'm beginning to think this was a really bad decision to move over to xfinity mobile.

1. Mobile phone calls are not consistently working; switching off LTE during phone calls makes receiving emails, SMS/MMS, or browsing impossible and inconvenient.

2. Customer service/Technical Support. They seem not to know how to solve the problems and take a very long time (in excess of several days) to return messages.

It seems that Xfinity Mobile has put out a half-baked service and are not ready to handle the issues.

At this point, I would strongly discourage new users from joining. I hope they resolve these issues soon.

Official Employee

nomezd, 

I have been out of the office but I am back now. I'll respond to your messages in private message. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

nomezd,

I was the original poster of this issue...

As an update, I did a corporate escalation and did receive a call back... but then a month later only that we are working with Verizon and that they acknowledge this issue is affecting several customers. Several emails to the corp. escalation contacts results in either complete lack of response or cluelessness!

Turning off VOLTE is the only workaround but that means lower voice quality and not browsing while talking on LTE.

I too feel it was a bad decision to move to XFinity and getting handicapped service -  Level 1, 2, 3, Corp. escalation and reaching out on this forum has resulted in ZERO outcome.

I'll PM you.

Frequent Visitor

Update:

LTE now works with iPhone. The WiFi enabled calling provision apparently fixed the issue. I can not consistently make phone calls and use data simultaneously.

Frequent Visitor

Correction: I am able to consistently make phone calls and use data simultaneously. Darn autocorrect. ;-)
Official Employee

Glad to hear your issue was resolved, nomezd! Post again if you need further assistance.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation