Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BYOD Question

Regular Visitor

BYOD Question

I'm not sure why my 6s plus iphone, purchased from Apple, can't be used? I was told that it was not compatible. Apple said that it was unlocked when i purchaced it.I sure would like to use it.

Thanks, Wally

Contributor

Re: BYOD Question

When you purchased the iPhone from Apple what provider was assigned? That will make the difference. Currently only phones destined for Verizon are compatible with Xfinity service.

A friend recently gave me an iPhone SE. The phone had apparently been on Sprint. I had no way of knowing this as the SIM had been removed. I went to the Xfinity store to attempt to activate the phone. Phone was not compatible with xfinity network. This verified by the store tech when an Xfinity SIM was installed and the IMEI was entered into the Xfinity system.

Problem Solver

Actually, the 6S plus should work regardless of which carrier it was on. It is a model A1634, right? (Not an international version of the phone). Some iPhones have different models for different carriers, but the 6S just had one model for all US carriers. I suspect it's locked to your previous carrier or there's an issue with your IMEI.

The iPhone SE has a specific model number for Sprint, which is why it wasn't compatible with Verizon.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

My Model seems to be FN2W2LL/A , that's on the b first.ox the phone came in and lalso in settings.

I picked up this phone at the Apple Store and then got a sim card  for Virgin Mobile . I know i

I need to get it unlocked from Virgin.

I stopped yesterday at the Xfinity Store to see if my phone would work on the Infinity networkand was told my 6s pus was not compatible but they could sell me a new 7 or 8.

Wally

Regular Visitor

I finally found the model number and it's A1687. Will this still be OK?

Wally

Official Employee

Hello Wallyh, please click on this link to check your phones compatibility with our network. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation