Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BYOD Not Working

Frequent Visitor

BYOD Not Working

The other day I took my unlocked iPhone SE in to an Xfinity Store to get it enrolled in the BYOD plan as that is the only to do it right now. After giving the employee my birthdate and social security, I was told that I was unable to enroll any device in the BYOD plan. They didn't even ask to look at the phone, so I'm sure there's no issue with it being unlocked or anything, there must be an issue somewhere else. I've also been chatting with customer service over the past week and I have been told 3 times that they submitted tickets to the 'Tier 2' level and I would recieve a call from them within the next 24 hours. I haven't heard back from anyone. Any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: BYOD Not Working

gooeyblob, is your iPhone SE from Verizon, ATT, or T-Mobile? Those are the only SE compatible. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My SE isn't from any carrier. I bought it sim-free from the Apple Store.

Like I said in the post, the phone isn't the problem. They asked for my birthdate, social security number, a few seconds later they told me they were unable to enroll me in the BYOD plan. They didn't even look at the phone.

Official Employee

My SE isn't from any carrier. I bought it sim-free from the Apple Store.

Like I said in the post, the phone isn't the problem. They asked for my birthdate, social security number, a few seconds later they told me they were unable to enroll me in the BYOD plan. They didn't even look at the phone.

Really? They didn't even look at your device IMEI? Are you able to create an XFINITY Mobile shopping cart online?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

That is correct. Before I could take my phone out of my pocket, I was told that they were unable to initialize the process to enroll me in the BYOD plan.

I just checked and yes I am able to buy the new iPhone X through Xfinity Mobile through your website after entering my SSN and DOB.

Official Employee

OK, that's weird. I've had a couple other forums users and one or two people on reddit with the same issue. Not sure where the problem lies but we can at least ask Tier 2 support about this. 

Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can get the ball rolling. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

sent

New Poster

I had this same issue this week. I have a completely unlocked phone. I pop my xfinity mobile SIM in and the ONLY thing that works is calls and texts. No internet. The women on the phone were clueless as well. Told me to turn it off and back on. Like I didn’t think of that myself? Just spent $200 on a phone because xfinity takes “BYOD” but really, it doesn’t work and their customer service has no idea what it is and HOW it works. The woman didn’t even know what an unlocked phone was.... where are you hiring these people?
New Poster

Also, mine was an iPhone 5 (c) as well. Every other carrier seems to support BYOD. For real. Not half way....
Official Employee

Bbrooks15 wrote: I had this same issue this week. I have a completely unlocked phone. I pop my xfinity mobile SIM in and the ONLY thing that works is calls and texts. No internet. The women on the phone were clueless as well. Told me to turn it off and back on. Like I didn’t think of that myself? Just spent $200 on a phone because xfinity takes “BYOD” but really, it doesn’t work and their customer service has no idea what it is and HOW it works. The woman didn’t even know what an unlocked phone was.... where are you hiring these people?

I can assist you with getting your features working on your unlocked IPhone, can you also send me a private message with your full name, street address, account number, and phone number? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee
Moved:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation