Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BYOD Nationwide

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

BYOD Nationwide

Is BYOD for iPhones nationwide? All the customer service reps I talk to say it's only still the 4 stores. Idk if they are notbeing told the updated info or if it's really the 4 stores.

Accepted Solution

Re: BYOD Nationwide

BYOD is nation wide now but only for new activations who have an iPhone 5 or newer. 

KenF

View answer in context
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

In the other recent BYOD thread, @akari pointed out the following Xfinity Mobile FAQ posted on January 8, 2018. It says to "visit your nearest Xfinity store", so it's nationwide.

Can I bring my own phone to Xfinity Mobile?

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000868288/can-i-bring-my-own-phone-to-xfinity-mobi...

Frequent Visitor

Yeah I know that and thats what I keep telling the reps but they keep telling me I am wrong and that it's only 4 stores. I just don't want to waste time driveing driving to the store and them not having it and I can't even call since all the store numbers are lisited as the 1800 number.... big pain in the a**

Frequent Visitor

SunnyRadGal wrote:

In the other recent BYOD thread, @akari pointed out the following Xfinity Mobile FAQ posted on January 8, 2018. It says to "visit your nearest Xfinity store", so it's nationwide.

Can I bring my own phone to Xfinity Mobile?

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000868288/can-i-bring-my-own-phone-to-xfinity-mobi...

That FAQ update still says only iPhones. Still says no Android BYOD right now. Says it's "not possible". And that is pure BS. My ANDROID Pixel 2 XL works on any network in the world. It was working perfectly, and with VoLTE, for my whole first month with Xfinity. VoLTE only stopped working after Verizon/Xfinity ran a system audit and kicked it out of the VoLTE servers because it wasn't the LG Junky Junk X Charge phone I purchased.

Official Employee

BYOD is nation wide now but only for new activations who have an iPhone 5 or newer. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Is hotspot working on the BYOD iPhones now? There were issues with that not working for those who switched sims to an iPhone before BYOD was officially supported.

Official Employee

Is hotspot working on the BYOD iPhones now? There were issues with that not working for those who switched sims to an iPhone before BYOD was officially supported.

ydtrak, no. Features like hotspot and VoLTE aren't supported on iPhones used on preexisting lines. The BYOD program only covers devices for new lines of service, not preexisting lines. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

What do you mean by preexisting lines ? Those who were already on Xfinity Mobile service with phones bought from Xfinity Mobile but want to switch to BYOD ?

Official Employee

What do you mean by preexisting lines ? Those who were already on Xfinity Mobile service with phones bought from Xfinity Mobile but want to switch to BYOD ?

Yes, that is what I mean by preexisting lines.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee
Moved:

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation