Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BYOD Iphone 6 plus not making calls to anyone on t-mobile

New Poster

BYOD Iphone 6 plus not making calls to anyone on t-mobile

I have the same problem as the one posted by inthemoment.  I switched to xfinity mobile yesterday and my iphone 6 plus which worked flawlessly before on Virgin Mobile is now not able to make calls to anyone on t-mobile or metropcs(runs on tmobile).  First person I called on xfinity mobile was a very rude lady who abruptly told me to go to the apple store.  This is not a device problem.  I went back to the xfinity store and the customer rep there who was very nice opened up a ticket 13783314 to level 2 support.  I am hoping to get this problem resolved soon.  Never had any issue like this before.  Please help.  Thanks.

New Poster

Re: BYOD Iphone 6 plus not making calls to anyone on t-mobile

I have the same problem I switch from T-Mobile to Xfinity mobile yesterday and I’m also using iPhone 6plus. I can make a call but it’s not ringing and the person on the other end receive my call but I can’t hear them and they can hear me. Same thing they said my device is defective but I never had a problem with it before I I switch to xfinity.
Contributor

My question is did you guys update those phones when you switched to Xfinity? The other question I have is did you guys check the settings to make sure the phones are properly set up, third question is did either of you do a reset on those phones, if not that's another option you can try.
New Poster

I did update my phone to the most current version of IOS.  I checked my settings and everything is in order.  Per customer support I did a reset of my network settings.  At the Xfinity store I has them swap out my sim card to see if that would help, and nothing worked.  So weird that I only have issues when making calls just to t-mobile phones, phone rings on their end but is silent on my end.

Problem Solver

As a temporary workaround you should try disabling VoLTE:
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Alert-VoLTE-does-not-work-on-BYOD-iPhone-6/td-p/3032646

Definitely sounds like a known Xfinity problem.
New Poster

Thanks Mike.  Your solution worked.  Kudos !!!

Official Employee

iphone6prob wrote: Thanks Mike.  Your solution worked.  Kudos !!!

Thank you -Mike for providing this information to other subscriber, @Zerokool316 if the work around that -Mike shared does not work for you please reach back out to me here and I can further assist you with correcting this problem. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation