Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BEWARE CHARGED $900.00 WITHOUT NOTIFICATION FOR REPLACEMENT DEVICE BEFORE RETURNING WITHIN 20 DAYS!

New Poster

BEWARE CHARGED $900.00 WITHOUT NOTIFICATION FOR REPLACEMENT DEVICE BEFORE RETURNING WITHIN 20 DAYS!

January 5, 2018 I had an issue with my S8+ not connecting to data networks other than wifi, after trouble shooting the Xfinity rep states they're sending a new device just activate it and return the old one when you get a chance. I'm given NO DETAILS stating the phone's full price will be charged if not returned within a specified time. Prior to receipt of the replacement device (which arrived on Jan 10, 2018) my device started working so I chose to not deal with the hassle of transferring apps and data to a new device and decided to keep my old working device. I did not open or activate the replacement device and decide to send it back after I deal with my terminally ill father's medical affairs. After being in receipt of the replacement phone for 16 days Xfinity charges me approximately $900.00 WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION! I call mmediately

on Jan 26,2018 around 5 pm after seeing the charge to my bank account to have the money credited back , I'm assured by the rep. the money will be credited and I was again infomred when I had time to send the device back. No pending credits all weekend. I call back today Jan 29th around 12:30 pm, I'm told by the agent that I  have to take it back to an Xfinity store today or I own the replacement phone as well as the old phone and that I can't be credited the money unless taken to an Xfinity store. I'm assured once again if I return it to the Xfinity store they will accept the device and credit my account. I arrive at the Xfinity store in Turnursville, NJ around 1 pm and I'm told by the store manager that they cannot take back devices at the store or issue credits and he instructs me to take it to a Fedex store for shipment. Before leaving the store I insist Joe the Xfinity store manager stay and listen on speaker while I confirm the instructions the folks at Xfinity mobile provided me. Joe the store manager and and Xfinity mobile rep apologize, the Xfinity mobile rep. adds notes and escalates the issue, he informs me I'll be receiving a call back. I receive a call back around 4:30 pm today January 29, 2018 from a Lillian from Xfinity escalations, she's rude, curt, and indignant stating she will not credit anything, that it was too late and no refund would be processed, that I was informed of Xfinity's policy by the rep that sent the repalcement (which I was not), and that Xfinity would have sent emails regarding the policy (which they did not). I then asked her for receipt's of emails sent to me and she could not find an email receipt however, she did debate with me telling me the emails were sent, (which I find odd since I have an Xfinity email linked to the account and NO emails were received from xfinity mobile regarding returing the device). I ask to speak with a supervisor, she then states they're not going to credit you either so what do you need a supervisor for. I informed her that because I am a customer and I requested a supervisor it was her job to get a supervisor when a customer requests one. She continued to be rude until I refused to listen to her, she put me on hold. A supervisor then told me they could not refund the almost $900.00 because Xfinity had no way of issuing the charge again if they didn't receive the phone back. I gave her the FedEx tracking number as proof it was sent and she then said well we have to wait for the wharehouse to receive it before a credit could be issued and that could take up to 12 days so we'll issue a credit by February 12, 2018. I was then offered a $30. credit for the inconvenience. Meanwhile Xfinity has almost $900.00 they took from an account without ANY NOTIFICATION AND WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I suppose the
necessities like food for children, heating bills, mortgage, car notes, healthcare, etc. can all wait because OF THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION FROM MULTIPLE XFINITY EMPLOYEES. APPARENTLY THEIR ERRORS ARE MY FAULT. I SUPPOSE ALL THE OVERDRAFT FEES TO FOLLOW FROM MY BANK ARE MY FAULT AS WELL AS THE RESULT OF XFINITY TAKING FUNDS WITHOUT NOTIFICATION AND WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Official Employee

Re: BEWARE CHARGED $900.00 WITHOUT NOTIFICATION FOR REPLACEMENT DEVICE BEFORE RETURNING WITHIN 20...

MERCADO_M_A, thanks for posting here. This is not the experience I wanted for you. 

You will be refunded the cost of the device once the warehouse has received it and processed a grade of mint of condition. Once that is done, the refund will begin processing. The entire process can take up to 30 days from the warehouse's receipt of the device. Let's check on where we are in the process. 

Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: BEWARE CHARGED $900.00 WITHOUT NOTIFICATION FOR REPLACEMENT DEVICE BEFORE RETURNING WITHIN 20...

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation