Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Are Comcast sold Samsung & LG Android Phones able to SIM transfer to ie.T-Mobile, AT&T etc.?

New Poster

Are Comcast sold Samsung & LG Android Phones able to SIM transfer to ie.T-Mobile, AT&T etc.?

Will a Samsung or LG Android sold by Comcast/Xfiniy transferable as a BYOD to a provider such as T-Mobile?

I have 4 Samsungs and 1 hTC.  One is an Samsung S8 all most new.  I rather keep than sell.  But, I will sell if I like the Xfinity service proves acceptible.

I just missed the $200 rebate as it ends today and the stores have not stock of the iPhone SE. 

I've heard a $250 rebate might be offered on the Samsung.  When?

IF I sign up for an lG X charge with a monthly purchase on a 1GB plan and don't like it?  What are my Options and Costs?  (within 30 days)

Official Employee

Re: Are Comcast sold Samsung & LG Android Phones able to SIM transfer to ie.T-Mobile, AT&T etc.?

accicti_com, the Samsung VISA promotion runs from February 26th to March 22, 2018. 

When moving phones from one carrier to another, it is important to note their CDMA and GSM compatibility. ATT and T-Mobile use GSM phones so transfer phones between those providers are pretty seamless. 

Sprint, Verizon, and XFINITY Mobile are on the CDMA network, so trades work more seamlessly between them--but this doesn't mean that you wouldn't be able to use the device on another network. 

T-Mobile has an IMEI checker here: https://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx

I encourage you to test the IMEI there if you decide to get XFINITY Mobile. 

If you get a device for us on our pay by the gig plan, you would be paying $12/per gig used. So if you use 1 gig, your bill would be $12+taxes+ the cost of the phone if you are splitting up the payments. There are no contracts, so you can cancel at any time. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation