Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Apple FaceTime data usage rate

Frequent Visitor

Apple FaceTime data usage rate

Does anyone know an average, or normal min / max data usage for Apple Facetime on this system? Problem is Xfinity Mobel calls can not use Wifi at this time.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Apple FaceTime data usage rate

Similarly, no cellular calling minutes are used during the video portion of a FaceTime call. FaceTime calling can be used over a cellular data connection with an iPhone. Using FaceTime over a cellular data connection (3G / LTE) will use your data plan. Five minutes of FaceTime video calling uses up to 15 MB of data.Oct 24, 2017      https://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971026    Of you could FaceTime for 5 hour 20 minutes on one Gig more or less.   So for me doable until Xfinity Mobel gets their act together on non comcast Wifi.
Official Employee

Re: Apple FaceTime data usage rate

Does anyone know an average, or normal min / max data usage for Apple Facetime on this system? Problem is Xfinity Mobel calls can not use Wifi at this time.

That varies on how long you're Facetiming. You can view previous data used during Facetime by following this order path: 

settings -> cellular -> Facetime

You can also check out the Apple Forums to see what others have reported: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7811779

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon