Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyone else get email from XM_tier_2@comcast.net?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 8
Ordered a second line and wanted to take advantage of the $200 off. Got email saying had to verify info. I thought it was strange but responded right away. Never heard anything back. 3 days later nothing, no further emails. Called support and all they see is a submission. Worried about having to place another order after the promo ends.<br><br>Has anyone gotten this email and had their order go through?
7 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 8
Dumb question but how do you find the dashboard with your new orders? I can't find it under my account anywhere
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 8

Has your phone been shipped and/or activated? It doesn't show up until it does and then it's right at the top of this page under my account. There is also an Xfinity Mobile app which should come already installed on the phone, if not it's available for download from both the App Store and Google Play.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 8

Yes if this was the security verification or fraud prevention email.  Mine had 6 questions I think ranging from last bill amount to usernames.  As far as I know you have to answer them perfectly or you might have your order canceled.  You have 72 hours I believe to respond.  Once you respond then they will review your answers but I do not know if the clock starts over then.  XM can take a few days to respond.  

The answers are not necessarily straightforward and easy to come by as they would like you to believe.  Some of the answers are not available via your "My Account" page.  For instance if you have been a very long time customer then you will likely not find your services start date in your account info and will have to call support and ask them to provide.  I responded the best I could initially. 

My advice is to not take any chances and call or chat with Comcast and somewhere like their billing department.  Most of the agents have full access to your account and can readily dig up info or confirm info for you.  They gave me my actual first time customer date and explained that I had two usernames on my account.  I did not have that exact info when I first responded to the email.  The ever helpful ComcastKenF checked on my order at that point and it was under review still.  I amended my answers with the updated information from the chat session and ComcastKenF checked again and it had been approved.  Within another day or so I got an email indicating my order was approved.  I am pretty sure my order was on its way to rejection until I re-responded (within the 72 hour window) with updated info.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 8

BearPaw02 wrote:
Ordered a second line and wanted to take advantage of the $200 off. Got email saying had to verify info. I thought it was strange but responded right away. Never heard anything back. 3 days later nothing, no further emails. Called support and all they see is a submission. Worried about having to place another order after the promo ends.<br><br>Has anyone gotten this email and had their order go through 

I'm pretty certain there are more verifty emails sent than not. I received one this past Saturday on an order I placed last Thursday. There are many people who receive these emails and they post about it on this forum. You're not alone. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 8

Hi, BearPaw02. Our system reflects that yesterday evening you called in to request an order cancellation after getting everything taken care of at an XFINITY Mobile Store. Were we able to get everything straightened out for you?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 8
Yes everything was taken care of at the Xfinity store and I requested the online order be cancelled
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 8

Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm glad to hear our retail location was able to get this taken care of for you. Please feel free to reach back out should you need further assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon