Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Android Wifi Calling ETA?

Frequent Visitor

Android Wifi Calling ETA?

Any update or news on when Android will actually get WiFi Calling?

Contributor

Re: Android Wifi Calling ETA?

Frequent Visitor

It's so sad how long it takes you guys. It's not like Verizon has the code for you guys????? Come on
Frequent Visitor

It is very sad.  It's been "coming soon" for almost a year.  This is basic functionality that all MVNOs have.  I'm about at my wits end and ready for a new phone.  I think it might be with Google Fi.

There have been no concrete estimates, no mention of any beta or testing that the community can get involved in, and not even answers to any of our questions other than "soon."

At this point I don't even think it will happen in 2018.

Official Employee

TheMarf wrote: It is very sad.  It's been "coming soon" for almost a year.  This is basic functionality that all MVNOs have.  I'm about at my wits end and ready for a new phone.  I think it might be with Google Fi.

There have been no concrete estimates, no mention of any beta or testing that the community can get involved in, and not even answers to any of our questions other than "soon."

At this point I don't even think it will happen in 2018.

We plan to have this feature working for Android devices by the end of this year 2018. Please stay tuned for an update on the official release date. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I wouldn't get too excited for Android WiFi calling.

There are numerous issues as seen

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/WiFi-calling-frequent-drops-and-call-failed-issues/td-p...

and 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Received-Calls-quot-Call-Failed-quot-issues-Please-Help...

No response yet from Comcast that the problem even exists even though many people on the forum are reporting.

Frequent Visitor

They sent me a phone (galaxy s8) with WIFI calling at first.  I didn't even know the service wasn't included. Then i dropped it and had to use the insurance,new phone, no wifi calling. If you root your phone you can enable wifi calling by editing the CSC, one variable from false to true. Problem is you'll loose samsung pay and a bunch of other services if you do. It's weird that such a simple thing is taking so long, Android makes it so easy for carriers to enable features like this.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation