Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

All my calls are displaying as Unknown even my contacts

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

All my calls are displaying as Unknown even my contacts

I switched to Xfinity Mobile about a month ago and now every single call I get is displayed as Unknown even my contacts.  When I was with Sprint I saw every phone number (rarely got Unknown) and my contacts would display the way I had them named. I always knew who was calling me until I switched to Xfinity. This is very annoying because I don't want to answer bogus calls (I got about 10-15 of those a day with Sprint). I called customer service last week and after about an hour on the phone was told that this was a known problem and that a mass email would be sent out when the issue was resolved...REALLY!

Accepted Solution

Re: All my calls are displaying as Unknown even my contacts

As they are working on resollving system glitch, this post/link might be of some help to you.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Outgoing-calls-Incorrect-caller-ID-Incoming-calls-quot/m-p/3033634

View answer in context
Highlighted
Contributor

As they are working on resollving system glitch, this post/link might be of some help to you.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Outgoing-calls-Incorrect-caller-ID-Incoming-calls-quot/m...

Official Employee

gpf1, let's take a look at this issue with your caller ID. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks N_A_S Contributor for posting the link which specifically addressed the problem listed below.  I called tech support and told them about it.  They enabled the feature, I rebooted the phone and now I know who is calling me. 

All Incoming Calls (including those from Contact list) are showing as “Unknown”; no name no number.  Incoming text messages are OK with correct name.  Replacing SIM card did not fix.

Smiley Happy Easy Fix. "Show Caller ID" for Incoming Calls is a feature/setup managed by Xfinity Mobile.  Somehow my cell number had this feature disabled or turned off at XM

Official Employee

Thanks N_A_S Contributor for posting the link which specifically addressed the problem listed below.  I called tech support and told them about it.  They enabled the feature, I rebooted the phone and now I know who is calling me. 

All Incoming Calls (including those from Contact list) are showing as “Unknown”; no name no number.  Incoming text messages are OK with correct name.  Replacing SIM card did not fix.

Smiley Happy Easy Fix. "Show Caller ID" for Incoming Calls is a feature/setup managed by Xfinity Mobile.  Somehow my cell number had this feature disabled or turned off at XM

Nice

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastKenF.  I was able to work with tech support using information provided from a previous post by N_A_S Contributor.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation