New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Actual cost of Xfinity mobile phones

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 25

What is the actual cost of Xfinity monile phones, the site is a little confusing about prices.

For example the LG X Power says "payment $5.50/mo for 24 months, 0% APR" and next to it  "$132 when it ships"

it doesn't say "or" or "and" between these 2 boxes.

I am assuming the total phone cost is $132.00 plus tax since $5.50 x24 is also $132.00, but want confirmation.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 25
Solution

brijenjas wrote:

What is the actual cost of Xfinity monile phones, the site is a little confusing about prices.

For example the LG X Power says "payment $5.50/mo for 24 months, 0% APR" and next to it  "$132 when it ships"

I am assuming the total phone cost is $132.00 plus tax since $5.50 x24 is also $132.00, but want confirmation.

Thanks

"OR" $5.50 x 24 = $132. Pay over time or all at once, sototal cost of phone is $132 + sales tax.

24 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 25
Lucky you! My x power is 6.50/mo plus the usual tax/fee fine print, equals ~9.50 a month.

Worth mentioning that whatever phone you get, you'll have to pay the sales tax immediately. Was about $25 for my x power.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 25
Solution

brijenjas wrote:

Thanks

"OR" $5.50 x 24 = $132. Pay over time or all at once, sototal cost of phone is $132 + sales tax.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 25
Yes that's how my phone monthly charge has been calculated. I paid tax on the total cost but the monthly bill is $7.50 plus state taxes a month for the LG X charge. Very good phone by the way.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 25

The sales tax verbage on the Xfinity website is confusing.  However. my first months charge for my S8 is $34.17 and includes $22.17 plus $12.00.  There is no additional tax calculated.  The $22.17 is 1/24th of the purchase price without tax.  Sales tax was paid up front.  I hope this clarifies things.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 25

Thanks everyone. I think I will go ahead and order the phone for my son too. Be about the same cost as his old phone and a better phone. Wish they would add the ability to cap data useage though.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 25

Interesting. I added my son to our account today and ordered the LG X Charge as his phone and the cost was a penny plus tax. Same phone for me was $180 total. Guess it paid to pick today to add him. Makes both lines much more reasonable. Now if his is delivered as fast as mine and activates all will be good. He wants to keep his current number, I did not care and got a new number. Happy days.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 25

Well you could go with the unlimited data plan. I think you can monitor data usage for everyone on your account using the my account app. I have the X Charge and love the phone. Love the ability to use the 5.0 connection which is much faster than 2.4  The screen is large and sharp and I can off load some apps to an SD card

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 9 of 25

I bought an iPhone se for $399 and now 6 weeks later, it's $199. 2 weeks past the time to send it back. Not fair to loyal customers who signed up at the 1st of July

Posted by
Contributor

Message 10 of 25

Did you try calling??? Someone I know got a $180 service credit.

Only had phone 5 days though.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 25

patgeary wrote:

Thanks everyone. I think I will go ahead and order the phone for my son too. Be about the same cost as his old phone and a better phone. Wish they would add the ability to cap data useage though.

I was on the XfinityMobile website and signed in and there is a way to track data usage.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 12 of 25

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't understand why the phone was so cheap so I went to the website and see they are having a sale for a couple of weeks. I also ordered another phone for 4 cents a month so paid it off for $1.00. I also put in a ticket to see if they would adjust the cost of my existing LG X Charge. They call it a manager's escalation??? Hope to hear they will adjust my current phone down to 4 cents also!!! So hopefullyI will be saving some money. Thanks again.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 13 of 25

WindsurfMaui - I just spent half an hour talking to the 800#. Yes if it is within the 30 day period they will make an adjustment but only the primary account holder can make the request. I have to go into the store as my husband is deceased and he is still listed as the primary account holder. So a trip Monday to the Comcast office and hope they can handle the entire thing rather than me having to drive 1 1/2 hours to an actual store. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 14 of 25

Good luck. The alternative if they won't make a reasonable adjustment is to return the phone and sell it through their deal with a company called assurant(?) If they give you even $72 for it and you have to pay the balance of $108 that would drop your monthly charge by $3 a month. You can then replace the $7.50 a month phone with a 4 cents phone. A lot of trouble for you and Comcast for a $3 a month adjustment so maybe omcast would rather just lower your monthly bill by $3 and not go through all that trouble. At least that will be my approach.

If they do give me the adjustment then I will keep the 4 cent phone I just ordered in a draw as a back up if the original phone gets broken or stolen. All it will cost me to keep it in the draw is $1.50 a month for state taxes and fees. Much cheaper than buying their $12  insurance policy. 

This seems like a crazy kind of sale since the upset new customers who only signed up 2 months ago, plus they undermine their own insurance policy, why buy insurance if you can buy a replacement phone for 4 cents? But Comcast gets to make the rules it is our job to find the loopholes and ways to make it work for us.  :>)

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 15 of 25

I did contact them. They more or less said "tough". Sorry if I thought it wasn't fair

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 25

I haven't heard from the Manager's escalation ticket that I had put in asking for some adjustment to my phone yet, but I suspect they will tell me the same thing. If they drop the price that much and keep it at that low price then they should definately drop the cost for you and me. But I can understand that if it is just a temporaary price drop to bring in customers they can say sorry but we can't lower everyone's price. I can understand that even if I don't like it.

The phone I bought for $180 on a monthly plan is now .04 cents a month!!!! I hope that even if they give me the old phone for .04 that they can make some adjustment from $7.50 down to $4 or 5 dollars instead. That would be helpful.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 17 of 25

Hello All, 

We run different sales/promotions for phones throughout the year. If you miss a sale date for a phone you want, you can take advantage of any upcoming offers. 

As far as phone costs go, the cost of the phone is split evenly into a 24 month payment plan, all without interest. Total taxes for the device is due up front as taxes on the phone are not charged as part of the 24 month payment option. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 18 of 25

Ken I didn't understand your answer to my PM. How do I get my order confirmation and moving. A friend who ordered a phone the day after I did is receiving his phone today. How do I fix this? I don't understand why I can't get a hard answer. What is going on? Thanks.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 19 of 25

WindsurfMaui, No worries. I'll elaborate on the PM. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 20 of 25
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 21 of 25

I just learned that my first month bill include charges I did not anticipate.  I thought my bill would be $34.17 but $5.74 was added to that.  Why?  $3.00 for 911 emergency(2 lines), Federal Universal service charge and other $1.18, Sales tax $1.54.  My Verizon bill did not include all that.  In addition when I tried to calculate the sales tax rate, none of the arithamatic worked out. I was told there was a tax on the installment plan althought I paid the sales tax at the time the phone was ordered.  The location is not correct as I don't live in the City of Atlanta.  But talking to customer no service was inconclusive. They kept giving me very generic explanations and were unable to to explain the arithmatic.  Don't know what my next step will be.  But folks, what you need to keep in mind when comparing prices between XM and others, you need to add another $5 or $6 into the mix.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 25

Yes some cell providers pack the local state taxes and fees into their monthly price and others don't I am curious if the $45 unlimited plan includes the taxes and fees or not. My monthly bill is $7.50 for the phone (which would have been .04 cents if I had waited for this sale and not supported Xfinity by being one of their first customers) plus $2.18 for taxes and fees. I did receive a .29 cent credit back from Xfinity for overcharging me during the inital purchase, I'm assuming they miscalculated the state sales tax and fees on the original purchase price of $180 even though I am paying by the month.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 23 of 25
From what I understand if within 30 days of purchase you could apply for a 180 credit on the account for the X charge. I'd try even if not.
Have to say with the one dollar offer the phone is decent, good value and so far the service is great!
Taxes/Fees differ from state to state.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 24 of 25

Paraniod wrote:
From what I understand if within 30 days of purchase you could apply for a 180 credit on the account for the X charge. I'd try even if not.
Have to say with the one dollar offer the phone is decent, good value and so far the service is great!
Taxes/Fees differ from state to state.

Yes I put in for an adjustment about 9 days ago. They were supposed to get back to me in 72 hours but haven't. I have heard anyone over the 30 day period gets a flat No. So I haven't pushed yet to get an answer. I had hope if enough people complain maybe they will change their position and do something for those of us who supported XfinityMobile by being one of their first customers. Even if they don't give a total refund but just reduce the costs by a few dollars a month that would be helpful.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 25 of 25

Harold-Wolf, the taxes on your phone should have been paid for in full up front. The device payment plan is charged each month without interest. 

As WindsurfMaui said, different carriers have different ways of posting charges for taxes on their rates, but in the end, the same taxes apply 

If you'd like me to take a look at your invoice to check out what you're being charged for, let me know and send me a private message with your account info. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.