Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

seondary user with xfinity home access

New Poster

seondary user with xfinity home access

I would like two secondaary users to be able to use the moble app to arm and disarm the alarm using unigue username/password crdentials. Is it possible to give secondary user Home access?

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: seondary user with xfinity home access

Hi melstarr4295 - 

At this time the Xfinity Home mobile app only allows sign in with the Primary User's credentials.  If you are comfortable sharing the credentials with those users, all can sign in with the one email address.  Another option is setting up a new @comcast.net email address to use for sign in on Xfinity Home.  If you chose to go that route, I can help you with the account changes.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

NO! I am absolutely NOT comfortable giving my primary account details to my children or anyone else for that matter? Roommates, guests, etc. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. You are about to lose me as a customer after just a few days of service. I can't abide these ridiculous "features." 

Official Employee

Hi datcrazymongoos -- 

Sharing the current credentials is one option.  I understand that's not the best option for you.  If you want to grant your kids access, but don't want to share your current credentials with them, I can switch the email address used for Xfinity Home to another @comcast.net email address that you are comfortable sharing.  Let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

It's not the best option for anyone. It shouldn't even be an option. Changing the email address only removes their potential access to the rest of my account, but still leaves my security system vulnerable to the whims of children. I just can't fathom how anyone involved in the design of this process thought it was a good idea to do it the way you are suggesting. It is completely unacceptable!