Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

mobile app for windows phone

Regular Visitor

mobile app for windows phone

Is there a app for windows phone for home security.

Frequent Visitor

Re: mobile app for windows phone

I would also like an answer to this question.

When I purchased the system I was assured that I could manage the system from any web-enabled device.  This is not truly the case.  The web portal is almost useless on Windows phone for a few reasons:

1. the cameras are unviewable in the Internet Explorer version on Windows phone

2. it takes a very long time to log into the portal on the phone (or other web devices).

3. you can't save your password or stay logged into the portal (adding to the problem from item 2)

Official Employee

At this time, the Xfinity Home mobile app is supported on iOS & Android only.  We will be exploring support for additional platforms, including Windows mobile, in the future.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

ComcastPri wrote:

At this time, the Xfinity Home mobile app is supported on iOS & Android only.  We will be exploring support for additional platforms, including Windows mobile, in the future.

Hello,

I have heard this canned reply many times already can you at least say some different.

New Poster

Hi,

I also would appreciate the development of the app for Windows Phone. It takes time to log in using the internet explorer and also the live camera is not supported. 

New Poster

Is there an API where someone could write an app until Xfinity had an official one?
Regular Visitor

The Comcast evaluation on building an Xfinity Home app has gone on far too long. I see posts asking for this dating many years. Windows Phone is now the number 3 mobile operating system in the USA and growing. There is a Comcast Connect app for controlling the TV so somebody at Comcast must think it is important enough to build a dedicated app. Please build an Home app for Windows Phone 8 or at a minimum fix the mobile browse experience in the interim.

PS: While you are at it, please build an Xfinity Home app for Windows 8 and RT.

Contributor

Ever since the Windows Phones came out, it has been that canned message of 'We will explore the possibility of a WP app in the future.'

Last year it was reported there were now over 12million WP users and that has grown since WP8 launched. It's being reported at close to 7% now of mobile users use a WP phone.

So why are we being left in the dark?

Frequent Visitor

In the future? That's a lame response. 

C'mon, escalate this to your bosses please. ADT and AT&T are going to beat you to the punch. Set a target date for rolling out support for Windows Mobile and let everyone know soon. In the mean time fix the camera viewing issue about viewing your non-mobile site from a windows mobile device. Your system is 75% more worthless to us without Windows Mobile Support. I'll even lend you my phone if you need one to test with, just let me know and I'll tell you how to contact me.

Finally, your sales people AND installers (that showed up today to put my system in) didn't even know Windows Mobile was not supported. How lame is that? Potential false advertising or misleading consumers?

Geez.......

Frequent Visitor

Ok the future is now 2014

Get an app for Windows Phone!

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting!   &&^& or get off the pot.

New Poster

Any progress on an xfinity home for windows phone and windows 8? If not, sorry to say, likely switching to ATT....
New Poster

Is there at least an API that is available for XFinity for someone to build an app against if nothing else?

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastPri,

Is there an update on Windows Phone availabilty for Xfinity Home? Many of us are waiting for this capability. Frustrating to see friends with AT&T Digital Life be able to use their Windows Phone to control.  http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/at-t-digital-life/da241917-db50-486a-955c-0e5910142550

There is a Comcast App for the TV so the research to support Windows Phone should clearly be available.

Thanks

Contributor

Agreed!!  What is taking so long????

New Poster

We definitely need a Windows Phone 8 App and a Windows 8 RT app ASAP. This is ridiculous Comcast. I have been told for 6 months now that you are looking into Windows Phone. Hurry up please or I will take my home security elsewhere.

New Poster

LET'S SEE IT BUILT IN WITH THE XFINITY REMOTE APP. THAT WAY IT'S ALL IN ONE. DEVELOPER NEEDED?

New Poster

Please add me to the list for a Xfinity Home Windows Phone 8 app.  Or at least update the website to be mobile-web friendly; that would be a start.

New Poster

Is there a public API which developers could program against to at least build a stop-gap solution?  Even getting the image from a camera would be a nice addition that you cannot do the from the mobile viewing of the website.

Frequent Visitor

Who do we contact or how do we express our request to those who build the mobile Apps to make the Xfinity Home app available for the Windows Phone mobile device. I too can't access my Xfinity Home devices using the web-browser on my Windows Phone, and would really like to be able to do so.

Frequent Visitor

There is a phone number we can all call to ask them to get on the stick and make this APP for the Windows Phone, I suggest that if you are like me wanting a Xfinity Home app for your Wondows phone, call 1-866-301-0891 select option #2, and let get these guys to make it happen.

Frequent Visitor

Let's face it folks Comcast/Xfinity/NBC/Universal Just don't care about Windows Phone users.

New Poster

Windows phone users have been waiting for an app for the Windows phone for 3years now I just got this service turned on and still none of the staff or anyone told me that I couldn't get the app on my Windows phone how sad is Comcast
Frequent Visitor

Well, good luck with that.  Comcast is a monopoly, so they don't give a sh*t about our needs, or complaints, or stress/well-being.  I was told on the phone Friday that "Well, sir, we have 27million customers, so the 'thousands of complaints' you mention in the forums don't really make us worry.  It sounds to us that you're giving up on Comcast."  Somewhat paraphrased, but almost word for word.  That was in response to me bringing up (for the 11th call/ticket) that my Xfinity Home service nevers works properly and doesn't work as promised.  I have a "tech" coming out today that won't be able to help me, you know, seeing as the last 6 "techs" couldn't fix my issues.  And if Comcast keeps it's word (laughable) this should be my last ticket as they said they will wave the remainder of my ETF ($300) and let me drop Home.  And news flash, Comcast, once I drop Home, I drop all the services - not like you care.

Comcast summary - The Internet speed offering is a joke (150Mbps is slow junk compared to lower priced, faster services in Europe, and to the gigabyte Google offers), television in 2015 is irrelevant with OTAHD, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.,  and X1 is buggy and unecessary compared to other offerings (Xbox OneGuide for instance), and the Home service is exteremly laughable - ugly, cheap equipment, spotty service at best (themostat, camera connectivity), and the fact they aren't up to the 21st century using HTML5 code so that, hey, maybe ALL operating systems and browsers would be compatible with the same EXACT interface and functionality.

People, we all need to revolt against Comcast and all other contract-based companies/services.  When you are in a contract, especially with a huge company, there is no amount of complaining or begging that can get you the quality or customer service or fair prices we all deserve.  Make it completely impossible when those companies are also monopolies.  Even if dropping them doesn't really hurt their bottom line, it is the right thing to do and will speak to our character as human beings.  I sincerly hope Anonymous' next target is Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention that I asked for the roadmap for Windows Phone support from Comcast and the answer was "Comcast definitely has zero plans to create any application for Xfinity Home for Windows Phone."  So, when they tell you "in the future" here, it is a complete lie.