Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 7 Push Notification

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3
I'm confused, my iPhone 7+ allows push notifications for any sensors being open/closed to show up on my phone which is very cool. My wife's iPhone 6 does not allow this & I looked through her settings. This is still not possible?
2 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 3

This should be possible. Is the same account logged in on both iPhone6 and iPhone7+? On iPhone6 please confirm that remote notifications are enabled for xfinity home app  via Settings -> Notifications -> Home -> Allow Notifications. If enabled, please private message user id or account number on iPhone6 so we take a look. Thank you.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the reply & I apologize for the delayed response.  Both iPhone's are logged into the same account.  I updated the iPhone 6 app as well to make sure the latest version is running.  When trying to verify that the remote notification is turned on or off by following the steps you outlined below, I see all available apps allowing their software to push notify the iPhone 6.  The one app that is not on there is the Home app.  This is a bummer because I can easily find this app on that list on my iPhone 7.