New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xh android app does not allow sign in

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xh android app does not allow sign in

I have tried multiple attempts with uninstalling and reinstalling the xfin home app for android. I have samsung galaxy 5 phone. It will not let me login. It used to but now it doesnt.
I have no problems on my ipad app with logging in.
Accepted Solution

Re: Xh android app does not allow sign in

Ok. Apparently they have fixed the problem with android phones and the XH home.app. I deleted the old xh app tonight and then reloaded it. Now my app works perfect for cameras, temperature, etc. It also works for both wifi use and cellular use. So bravo and thank you xfinity for apparently fixing this issue for the android users. Now just get the word out to everyone so they will know to try this on their devices. You have a lot of anxious customers. Take care.
View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi jascoman -

We are looking at this issue on a broader scale.  We believe to have found the root cause & are working on a fix.  Are you experiencing this issue when using the app over WIFI?

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Yes it does it messes up my login with wifi turned on. I just checked and it did work with wifi turned off
Official Employee

Hi jascoman - 

Thanks for this information.  I've added your account to the ticket we are using to follow this issue & I will follow up with you once we have a resolution.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I still cannot sign in with wifi turned on. I get error 11101. Why would mark this as resolved just because it is turned in.
Frequent Visitor

The problem is not resolved until it is resolved. Turning in a ticket on it is nit a solution. Is this your policy, really?
I have worked in tech support and we did not mark an issue as resolved until it was solved and the issue was fixed. Otherwise it was left open until the customer was satisfied and the problem was Truly resolved.
Frequent Visitor

This not a solution. Why did you make my comment a solution. Just because it works using my phone provider still means it does not work using wifi. We dont want to use up all our data plan accessing xfinity home. The issue is not resolved.
Official Employee

Hi jascoman - 

Your comment never should have been marked as an accepted solution & I corrected that.  Unfortunately, the errors you are experiencing stem from a broader issue (we are currently seeing this issue in conjunction with a certain version of the Android OS & certain models of routers).  We have engineers actively working to resolve this.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Ok. Apparently they have fixed the problem with android phones and the XH home.app. I deleted the old xh app tonight and then reloaded it. Now my app works perfect for cameras, temperature, etc. It also works for both wifi use and cellular use. So bravo and thank you xfinity for apparently fixing this issue for the android users. Now just get the word out to everyone so they will know to try this on their devices. You have a lot of anxious customers. Take care.
Official Employee

Hi jascoman - 

Our app team has been actively working through a number of issues to improve performance of the Xfinity Home mobile app.  Thanks for letting us know!

Rachel 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.