Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Home iPhone app arm/disarm issues

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 24

I am rarely able to use the iPhone app (version 5.05) to arm / disarm my Xfinity Home Security system when my iPhone5 (ios 6.1.3) is using a WiFi connection.  The processing icon just spins and spins.

When I turn off WiFi and use my ATT phone connection, I rarely encounter any problems.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the iPhone app numerous times.  I've turned the iPhone off and back on in hopes of resetting the application, but the does not help most of the time.

Over the two week period I have had the system installed, I can count on two hands the number of times the iPhone app has successfully armed or disarmed the system over a WiFi connection.

Also, there have been times that I have received a pop up message indicating the I am not allowed to arm or disarm the system because the Touchpad is not connected - and I know that is not true.  I have only disconnected the Touchpad one time when I moved it to another room. When I receive this message, I don't even get prompted to enter my four digit code.

23 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 24

I would reboot the topuchpad (do  this in settings).  It cannot hurt.  The apps have always worked fine for me.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 24
Rebooting the Touchpad did not correct the operation of the iPhone app.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 24

This issue has been resolved for me with a suggestion from a Comcast /Xfinity Home Security customer service representative.

The Home Security touchpad SHOULD NOT be plugged into a surge supressor / power strip.  Originally, I had my touch pad plugged into an outlet on a APC surge supressor / power backup that was plugged into a wall outlet.  Xfinity / Comcast Home Security support personnel could see that my home security network connection kept dropping. As soon as I moved the touch pad to another location in my house where I had an open wall outlet, my Xfinity Home iPhone app problems have disappeared.  Arming and disarming via the iPhone app works every time.

I hope that this helps others resolve their issues with the Xfinity Home iPhone app.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 24

App keeps logging me out. Will not log me in most of the time. Once I am logged in, I cannot arm my sytem. Error 20001 pops up or app just freezes. These issues have persisted since upgrade in July, but they have gotten worse and worse. Running ios 9.02.

Fix this!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 24

Hi Volfran - 

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your name and account to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix.  I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 24
I'm having the same issue Rachel....
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 24

Hi Todd1102 - 

Understood.  I'll make a note of your account.  When this issue is resolved, App & Portal functionality will be restored & nothing will be needed to be done on your end.  The best place to look for updates on this issue would be the pinned message at the top of this forum.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 24

I am also having the same issue Rachel.  Is it best for us to call in and report it to create a ticket, or ok to report it here?

Thank you.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 24

Hi chemeney -

Thanks for reaching out!  Nothing really needs to be done on your end.  We are already aware of the issue and when a fix goes out, nothing will need to be done on your end.  I will take your name down - but, that said, the fix will resolve the issue for all customers regardless if they post, call in or do nothing.  I will provide updates to the pinned message at the top of this thread as they become available.  Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 11 of 24

Rachel, will we be getting credits to our accounts for loss of service?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 12 of 24
I just called technical support regarding the issue and the woman on the line said there were no outages on Tuesday or Wednesday and the system is fully functioning today. If that were true, I would be able to access the app and portal to monitor my system as the advertisements state. I am not happy about being called a liar and then treated like a fool when I am clearly having issues. Great service, Comcast!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 24

Hi JRE1 - 

I apologize for the frustration this must be causing.  Our engineers have been and continue to actively work on this issue. When resolved, App & Portal functionality will be restored & nothing will be needed to be done on your end. I will provide updates to the pinned message at the top of this thread as they become available. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 14 of 24

Please add my name to this fix. I have an open ticket with Comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 24
Please add me to this too -- same problem. Essentially useless app
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 16 of 24

Hi Home15 -- 

The issue referred to in the earlier posts on this page has been resolved.  I have opened up a new ticket on your behalf to look into the issue you are experiencing.  A tech should reach out to you shortly to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 24

My app is not working. It gives me a prompt to restart touch screen through the app.  The restart times out and my app is still not working.

any suggestions?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 24
After Apple ios 10.0.2 update, I am no longer able to arm the system via my iPhone; touchpad, only.
Suggestions?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 19 of 24

Hi kmmp36 -- 

Can you tell me if you are still experiencing this issue?  If so, can you explain what you are experiencing in a bit more detail?  At which point does it fail to arm from the app?

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 24
I can no longer use the xfinity home app. It has stopped working even after rebooting both the app and my iPhone. I tried to delete the app and reload and now it won't even open. I see others are having this same issue and nothing seems to fix it. What can be done next to get this to work again!?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 24

Hi Rachel,

I was able to get the app working, as it did before, yesterday after removing the app and reloading it. (I tried this a few times a few days ago without success, fyi). In the meantime, I asked for a tech to come out out to make sure that our system is working properly. He rearranged the zones on the touchpad but other than that, he said that the system is fine. This morning I noticed that the sensor on/off triggers are no longer visible on my iphone so I'm back to where I can't set the alarm while turning off some sensors.. All that is there when I scroll down on the Overview page is "hazard detectors". 

Please help.

Thanks,

Kenn

Posted by
Visitor
Message 22 of 24
Is there still a problem with the home app not working?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 23 of 24

Hi ccroft1973 -- 

I pulled up your account and see some errors from the 20th, but am seeing successful app activity since.  Are you still experiencing an issue with the app?  If so, can you give me a little more detail?

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 24
I am having the same issue. Just got a new iPhone and the app says it cannot connect with my touchscreen even though the touchscreen is working fine. I've reset the touchscreen multiple times as the app suggested to no avail. Is there an issue with the app and the newest iPhone operating system? Please help Comcast.