Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Home App

New Poster

Xfinity Home App

Very disappointed with this so-called update. I have not been able to pull up my camera with this version. I also do not like the option of remaining signed in vs remembering my password. Please fix the camera feed & return to remembering password but being able to log out.
I can arm & disarm alarm without problems but as I have a camera, not being able to view the video feed when I hear noises outside makes the app a poor performer.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home App

Nadinec664 -

Camera
We have identified a defect in the latest app update which prevents users (with a certain model Touchscreen) from accessing cameras when on the home wifi network. A fix for this will be included in the next maintenance release, which should be available within 1-2 weeks.

In the interim, if your mobile device has a cellular connection, you may switch from your home wifi network to a cellular network to view cameras.  I apologize for the inconvenience & truly appreciate the feedback.

Login

With the updated app, you have the ability to stay signed in (by selecting 'Keep me signed in').  This means you can launch the app without being prompted to enter your username/password.  You also have the ability to log out of the app by selecting the Sign Out option from the Settings screen.  If you would prefer to enter your username/password each time you launch the app, you may do so by keeping 'Keep me signed in" set to Off.

Does that address your question/concern?  Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Home App

I am now able to view my camera feed from in the house. Thank you for the fix.

I remain disappointed with the 'keep me signed in' feature.. Previously there was a 'remember me' feature which kept your user ID & secured password available but the app was not open.

Thank you for your response.