Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Home App Issue

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Home App Issue

I am unable to see cameras previews in the xfinity home app. I can see the images on the touch screen and would like to see what's going on when I'm away from home. That's the reason I came back to Comcast.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Home App Issue

Hi BLW65 - 

I've opened a ticket on your behalf & a tech will reach out for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Rachel

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi BLW65 - 

I've opened a ticket on your behalf & a tech will reach out for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The problem is not solved. I accidentally hit the "choose this solution" link. How long before a tech contacts me about the problem with the cameras?
Official Employee

Hi BLW65 - 

After I requested a ticket be opened, a tech let me know that there is already a ticket open on your account that is in dispatch.  The tech who comes out to your house should address the camera issue as well.  Please keep me updated on this.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I was told that "they" don't handle app issues and that the issue would have to be escalated. The cameras are working; displaying their previews in the app isn't. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and attempted to see them on different devices. Nothing works. A tech came out today for the problem with the thermostat not cutting off even though it's on auto. It only does it with the heater. He asked my husband to tell me to give him a call after noon tomorrow if he hasn't called me. That is not my job. I scheduled another appointment with another tech tomorrow. I won't pay for service I'm not receiving. 

Official Employee

Hi BLW65 - 

I apologize for any misunderstandings.  We do support app issues & any Xfinity Home tech should be able to address any Xfinity Home issue.  I see the appointment you have scheduled for later today & would like to follow up with you afterwards.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Okay, I will keep you posted.

Frequent Visitor

I still can't see the cameras' activities. I have had several appointments for technicians to come to my home with 2 no-shows. The 2 techs who showed up was rushed and pretty much passed the buck and said that they don't have anything to do with xfinity home security. I was also contacted by Carrie with advanced support who was not able to resolve the issue. My appointment was scheduled today 11/15/15 for 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., but the tech showed up at 8 a.m. He installed the Internet without uninstalling ATT because "your TV won't work if I do." Of course, he did not fix the problem and told me to call Comcast to get them to reconfigure the system. So I'm supposed to pay for this tech to do nothing? Won't happen!!! It took him all of 10 minutes to do nothing! No one at Comcast seems to even care about customers. I'm cancelling all services and will see them in court, if necessary, because I will NOT pay for services I do not receive. My time is valuable, and I've wasted countless hours trying to resolve this issue.
Official Employee

Hi BLW65 - 

I apologize that you haven't had a good experience with Xfinity Home & for the issues with the tech appointments you've had.  

By "cameras' activities" - do you mean you can not see the camera live feed or are you not seeing any captured photos/video clips (based on rules)?

- Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation