Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XH App and IOS7

Regular Visitor

XH App and IOS7

Recently installed IOS 7 on iPhone 5. Cannot view cameras anymore, they are all stuck at "calculating route to camera". Everyting else works- lights, thermostat, arm/disarm, etc.

Using another iPhone 5 with IOS 6, cameras are viewable.

New Poster

Re: XH App and IOS7

Yes I'm having the same issue, hopefully comcast will update the app soon.

Problem Solver

iOS 7 hasn't been publicly released yet, and depending on what updates might be needed for the app to work there, it might be necessary to wait until iOS 7 is actually out before those changes can be made (given that Apple won't even accept certain types of app updates related to iOS 7 until close to its public launch, at the earliest).

Regular Visitor

I don't think I really expected a fix for it before IOS 7 is launched but I would think that someone in the app development team at Comcast has a developer's account and have at least begun to examine the code changes so when 7 does go public the app works. There will be a lot of upset users out there if the app does not work on IOS 7 launch day.

Regular Contributor

ios7 is launching the day after tomorrow.  Xfinity, please give us an updated app to fix the camera issue soon!  I can confirm it is a problem and I have several devices that I would like to update as soon as ios7 is out (on Wednesday).

Regular Visitor

Agreed. Just moved to xfinity home. I've several devices on iOS 7 GM already and there is a definite issue with the camera viewing portals. Please update ASAP.
Regular Contributor

Thanks to the Xfinity Home App team!  The update is out and the cameras are working.  I was worried but now I am pretty impressed.  Great job!