Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trouble with Xfinity Home Android App

New Poster

Trouble with Xfinity Home Android App

I am unable to connect via my Android phone, unless I am connected to a wifi hotspot. ??? It severely limits my ability to use the security system as it was advertised. Any ideas how to remedy???

New Poster

Re: Trouble with Xfinity Home Android App

Same issue here. Got to love how 6 days go by on a support forum with no help provided. Lady on the phone said it was designed this way. Called her out on it. This support for this product is pathetic and useless

New Poster

Had the same problem for several weeks until I figured it out. My phone is 4G and asuming urs is to. Sometimes the app would work.Percentage it would work change week to week and if I was at home or at work. Figured out that it will never connect with 4G signal but was connecting with 3G.Went into settings and wireless and networks.Then into mobile networks and change your nework mode. Change from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only.  Has worked every time since. App still needs work for 4G but you will be able to use it.All selections of the app has worked flawlessly and I am very pleased with my system. Well almost. I think its bull that we can not buy our own sensors,cameras,etc and teach into system. Especially when you  can get everything for 1/3 the price. Exact componets too. Hope this helps.

New Poster

had the same problem here . i have called and called doesnt seem like comcast wants to do anyhting about this in a real rush but they keep takeing my money each month .and they are telling me everyhitng is ok then why cant i get on my app .

New Poster

i did that and it worked one time then right back to same thing cant sign on Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

You maybe be on to something. My Galaxy S III will work on 4G in Rutherford County but quits working in Nashville (Davidson County). Maybe all 4G is not the same?

It maybe also a time of day problem? I will continue to test it. The 5.05 upgrade did not fix issues.

Frequent Visitor

It does appear to be a "time of day" problem.

My mobile app worked the whole way to work.

I checked it successfully up until 8:30 am.

After 9:00 am it quit working and worked again after 5:30 pm.

New Poster

Like I said guys. Once I turned off 4G and am only using 3G now. I can connect everytime. U also have to reboot ur phone after u switch.
New Poster

It's not a time of day problem,I thought that too and the sometimes it does work and ur phone shows that it is in 4G mode,it could possibly be roaming in 3G. I switched mine back to 4G after the last update and it seemed to work until my phone revolted that evening and would not connect anymore. I had to switch back to 3G. Works every time again now.
New Poster

Correction on last post,revolted should be rebooted. Lol. Autotext.
Frequent Visitor

Well maybe this will help someone. My app works on 4G only early in the morning or later in the evening. My Galaxy S III does not have the ability to turn off the 4G.

Official Employee

its an ipv6 problem. 4g is natively ipv6. if i turn on ipv6 for my lan/wifi the app stops working. so any ipv4 connection will allow the android app to work.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

You may be correct. However the latest update from Verizon appears to have fixed

the issue.