members

online now

discussions

TROUBLE logging you in unresolved

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

TROUBLE logging you in unresolved

Despite an hour online chat with a Comcast support person, and a promise that my case would be escalated, my home app is still useless. I have not received any update in over 3 weeks now. ANY CHANCE THIS WILL BE ADDRESSED? I can't find my own solution on this. Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult to get basic service. The username and password are NOT the issue.
Accepted Solution

Re: TROUBLE logging you in unresolved

Hi Joe,

We're very sorry you haven't been able to get this resolved after calling in.  I believe you are attempting to login with a user account that is not assigned to your Xfinity Home account.  Currently, you may only use one user account for your Home Security system.  We are developing a way to support multiple users from the same household and we will be adding that ability soon.  In the meantime, you will need to login with the original user associated with Xfinity Home.    I will private message you the details.

View answer in context
Official Employee

are you having problems logging in with the XH android app? Can you please post a screenshot of the error message? 

Can you please confirm? 

1. You are using your primary account to login to the app? e.g. if a family has 2 userids/password linked to the comcast account, only 1 of them is the primary account registered with xfinity home. 

2. You are logging into the xfinity home app and not the mobile browser. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi Joe,

We're very sorry you haven't been able to get this resolved after calling in.  I believe you are attempting to login with a user account that is not assigned to your Xfinity Home account.  Currently, you may only use one user account for your Home Security system.  We are developing a way to support multiple users from the same household and we will be adding that ability soon.  In the meantime, you will need to login with the original user associated with Xfinity Home.    I will private message you the details.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I was able to log on with the other USER ID as you suggested.  Thanks for the help. 

Issue is resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation