members

online now

discussions

Secure WiFi connection

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Secure WiFi connection

Hi, I'm getting a pop up message on my laptop screen from XF reminding me of the following: "Don't have the XF WiFi Hotspots App? DL it now for enhanced security features." Afer following all the instrcutions to do that....it strongly recommends I check out the  to the App Store for best results. The push seems to be for me to either rent or purchase that Gateway tower; is that what I need for the secure WiFi Hotspot connection? Btw, I'm a Senior and really need help here? Woudn't want my personal financial and other vital info to wind up in the wrong hands---my biggest worry with all the hacking going on today. Thanks, appreciate any help from those in the know.

Chuck Jones

Accepted Solution

Re: Secure WiFi connection

Hi, chuckdj2 - Don't click on any pop ups. They could be dangerous for your computer. You don't need to use XFINITY WiFi hot spot while you are at home. Only connect to your home WiFi, it has better security and speed. If you would like to use XFINITY WiFi hotspots around the city - you just need to have the XFINTIY WiFi App installed on your phone or tablet; your XFINITY username and password to login. If you have have any questions - please let me know. I'm here to help. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Secure WiFi connection

Hi, chuckdj2 - Don't click on any pop ups. They could be dangerous for your computer. You don't need to use XFINITY WiFi hot spot while you are at home. Only connect to your home WiFi, it has better security and speed. If you would like to use XFINITY WiFi hotspots around the city - you just need to have the XFINTIY WiFi App installed on your phone or tablet; your XFINITY username and password to login. If you have have any questions - please let me know. I'm here to help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation