Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Request to add back option to auto sign home app out.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2
This is for all Xfinity costumers who might not know this, during a recent update Xfinity decided to partner with Chrome*(more on this later) and removed the option to have app sign out upon leaving it. The latest update has created somewhat of a breach in your security. If you dont manually sign out of the app and lose your phone. The recipient who finds it can view your live camera's,create/delete rules,view activity ,full history and even turn off sensors (when disarmed) on the system INDEFINITELY. Basically anything accessable without 4 digit pin is compromised. Even leaving your phone laying around at work a co-worker can pick up your phone and go right into the Cameras, history, etc.

This was the single most irresponsible thing any developer has done,there is a stark reason why banking apps don't stay signed in (most time out after 3 min of no activity). Deciding to block server access to older versions of the app [the recent flux of people who cant sign in in this forum are running older version my theory] was understood but to suggest a customer should call Xfinity and explain they might be signed into their phone thats lost is pure absurdity!!! Have you ever called Xfinity for anything... Who wants to wait to hopefully (already called,tech said it might not be possible) get their lost phone removed? If some one did lose their phone Xfinity isnt at the top of their list.

Please make this app auto sign out or time out again... Please Please Please.
1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you were inconvienced by this change.  If you prefer to sign in with your username and password each time you launch the app, you may continue to do so by selecting the Sign Out option.  In the unfortunate event that your mobile device is stolen or lost, please visit www.xfinity.com/password immediately to reset your password. Shortly after resetting your password, you will be prompted to enter your username and password to access the app.  In addition to these steps, we strongly recommend making use of the security features offered on your phone, as an additional way to secure your device.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon