Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Recent xfinity home app update

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Recent xfinity home app update

Just updated my app on my iPhone and now I can't sign in. I keep getting error code 23008
Accepted Solution

Re: Recent xfinity home app update

So finally after my husband was passed around to theee different departments he was finally connected to advanced technology and they finally got it resolved. When Comcast did the upgrade they didn't import the correct email address or the full email address. We are working!!
View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I would like to validate that you are using the app we currently have in the app store that is not associated with our 'Comcast Labs' version of the app.  The easiest way is to make sure you have a black icon for the app (instead of a white).

Thank you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Correct it is the black one. I have deleted it and reinstalled it several times as well as turned my phone off. I am running the most current IOS version 7.1. I continue to get this message. "We have encountered an error, please try again. Error code 23008".
Frequent Visitor

Really? Like I would be trying to use this app if I wasn't an xfinity home subscriber. I have the full plan from cameras, to lights and thermostats. My continued problem is that this app update won't let me log in.
Official Employee

Motownwv wrote:
Correct it is the black one. I have deleted it and reinstalled it several times as well as turned my phone off. I am running the most current IOS version 7.1. I continue to get this message. "We have encountered an error, please try again. Error code 23008".

You must be a XFINITY Home subscriber to use this app. For more information about becoming a XFINITY Home subscriber, please click the link below for more details:

http://www.comcast.com/home-security.html

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Motownwv wrote:
Really? Like I would be trying to use this app if I wasn't an xfinity home subscriber. I have the full plan from cameras, to lights and thermostats. My continued problem is that this app update won't let me log in.

Can you private message me the log-in that you are trying to use to sign in with.

To send a private message, please click the envelope near the top-right hand corner of the screen and put ComcastJoe is the "Send To" field under the "Compose New MEssage" tab.

Please do not send me your password.

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

My iPhone updated also and now I can't view the live camera any more.  I get a playback live video error 13999.  Kinda defeats the whole purpose of viewing my home camera while I am away. 

Official Employee

arlenemarie -

Can you please tell me if your iPhone was connected to your home wi-fi or cellular network (3g, 4g, LTE, etc) when you attempted to view the cameras?

If you experienced this error while connected via your home wi-fi, can you please while on a cellular network.

We're actively investigating your camera issue & this information will help us troubleshoot.

Thank you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Ok.  I turned off the wi-fi and was able to view the camera. Thank you for that info. Can you tell me why this is happening?  Also, my sister who has a HTC Rhyme cannot view any video clips.  She get an error that says:  Unable to download video.  This happens with or without the wi-fi on or off.  However, she can view the camera, just not videos from earlier in the day.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Thank you for this information.  We are still working to identify the root cause of your camera/wifi issue & this information is extremely helpful.

I apologize for the inconvenience & please know that we are working hard to have this fixed as soon as possible.

Seperately, we will investigate the issue your sister is experiencing on her HTC Rhyme.  Would you happen to know the version of the application (found on the Sign-In screen) & the version of the Android operating system she's running on her phone?

Thanks again.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not giving out my login id. Can't you look up what error code #23008 is and go from there?
New Poster

I have the same problem as earlier noted: No camera display on new mobile app (ios latest version on iPhone 5 and iPad gen 3) when using wifi.  LTE seems to work OK.  I've rebooted cameras, rebooted security system router, rebooted system touchscreen, rebooted iphone 5, and rebooted iPad.  Still, no camera display on wifi.  

Official Employee

Motownwv wrote:
I'm not giving out my login id. Can't you look up what error code #23008 is and go from there?

Our team has looked into your logs and have seen successful activity over the last few days.

Are you still having problems logging in? If you are, we would like to know what log-in you are using to make sure we are looking at the correct one.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Her phone has the Xfinity app from Jan 2013 and the Android version says 2.3.4 and it also says HTC Sense version 3.5.

Regular Visitor

I too am unable to view camera feed on iPhone and iPad. It's is working on the home station keypad. What was the update that caused the cameras to stop working on iPhones and iPads ?
Official Employee

We have identified a defect in the latest app update which prevents users (with a certain model Touchscreen) from accessing cameras when on the home wifi network.  A fix for this will be included in the next maintenance release, which should be available within 1-2 weeks.

In the interim, if your mobile device has a cellular connection, you may switch from your home wifi network to a cellular network to view cameras.

I apologize for the inconvenience & truly appreciate the feedback you provided in this forum.  The information you provided was instrumental to helping us identify & fix this defect.  Thanks again.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Thanks in advance for the fix.  We will be waiting.....  :-)

Official Employee

Hi arlenemarie - Can you please tell me if your sister using the same account as you or does she have a separate Xfinity Home account?  If she has a separate Xfinity Home account, can you please private message me her Comcast email address, so we can double-check to make sure that videos are being saved properly on her account?  Thank you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Motownwv - Can you please try logging into www.comcast.net?  Please let me know if you're able to login.  If that does work for you, can you please tell us whether you're prompted to update your profile to include a security question/answer?

Thank you for your patience as we attempt to troubleshoot this issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

still cannot access cameras from my mobile device with the app. Really disappointed when the commercials are on tv that show the accessibility that is not there. Even LTE connection doesnt work. cameras are on home unit.

Official Employee

shaf -

I want to make sure I completely undertsand the issue you're experiencing.

Did you just start to experience this with the updated mobile app? Are you able to view cameras from the touchscreen and/or web portal (www.xfinityhomesecurity.com)?

Finally, are you also unable to access cameras even when your mobile device is connected via cellular (LTE)?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Hi All

For users (with a certain model Touchscreen) experiencing the issue where you cannot access cameras when on the home wifi network, a new maintenance release is now available from today from the App Store (Ver 5.4.8) - please download the latest update, and let us know if you're still experiencing any camera issues. 

Thanks for your assistance in letting us trouble-shoot and resolve these issues.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thank you!!  It works great!!  Most appreciated!

Contributor

Great news, Arlenemarie!!!

Would love to hear from any others on this thread whether your issues are now resolved after downloading the new app.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Still unable to access cameras on wifi network.  I am able to access from 5g. I updated the app May 15. I also remember the very first app being able to zoom in on the pics on my phone. could we get that back also?

Frequent Visitor

oops the cameras came up after a few minutes. seems app is fixed for wifi. Can we get a pic that I can zoom in on my phone? I bet its just the type of picture designation.

Frequent Visitor

I still can't even log in.
Contributor

Shaf - glad you can now view your cameras. Thanks for letting us know.

Will look into the feature you and others mentioned re a zoom capability for pics. Your feedback will be passed onto the Product team.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi Motownwv,

Can you please try logging in with your other Comcast username? We are looking into an issue where this version of the app does not allow multiple usernames to log in. It could be that the username you are using is not the primary for our system.

Thanks,

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Has anyone found a fix to the xfinity home app? I have had comcast for years and just got my security and cameras installed...I have tried installing the app with the iPhone a few times but it won't correct the problem...I have deleted it and reinstalled it several times but still get the "error code 23008".
It's very frustrating because the whole reason I went with xfinity security is to access it with my phone...any help is appreciated...
Frequent Visitor

I am still having the same problem. Cannot login. I keep getting the same error code 23008 too. I have tried creating and using a different login user name but still it doesn't work.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply...I have tried and tried but no one at comcast seems to help at all...I have tried calling many times and just get transferred to different departments that don't have a clue...it's amazing a company like comcast does not know that there is a problem...makes me second guess my decision with the xfinity home system...great product but it doesn't work right...
Official Employee

Hi ellas1270,

Please try using your primary Comcast account to login to the app: xp7wp9w.

Thanks,

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi Motownwv,

The account your home security system is linked to (4hrfbemw) no longer exists. I am opening a ticket so someone can help you.

A Comcast representative will be contacting you via phone soon.

Thanks,

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Old app worked fine on phone with new app cannot few cameras unless on home wifi
Official Employee

Hi,

Can you please describe to me what you are seeing? Do you get an error code? When was the last time you experienced the problem? What version app do you have?

Thanks!

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Having problems after downloading recent app update when I log on everything works except cameras when I click on cameras I can see the small pix of the cameras but when I click on camera it just me show icon of a camera
Frequent Visitor

I get error code 23008. This happens every time I try to log in. I have the most current version of the app. The old app worked fine.
Official Employee

Trulsu,

Can you please go to the settings in your app and let me know what version app you have?

Thanks,

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Official Employee

Thanks. When was the last day you logged into the app?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

One hour ago and I have uninstalled and reinstalled app and turned my phone on and off
Contributor

same here.  we got a new modem/router combo from comcast and we cannot arm/disarm or view the camera on our cellphones if we are away from the house.  sort of defeats the purpose.  everything was working fine with the old modem.  the person at the help desk just kept wanting to reset the touchpad.  i kept telling her that the touchpad wasn't the problem...its the app/modem/router.

Official Employee

Hi Alrenemarie,

Can you tell me what the new modem/router combo models are? 

Thanks,

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

????? Still not working
Frequent Visitor

What is the status of this?

Contributor

We have the Netgear router that the Comcast installer put in when he installed the Home Security and we just got a new modem/router combo that has the Xfinity name on it.  I wonder if we need a tech to come out and check the connections......

Frequent Visitor

Why is nobody replying to these posts this is a major problem I only use your system so I can have mobile access to cameras please give me an update
Official Employee

Hi Motownwv,

Please check your private messages. 

Thanks,

Shannon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

???????
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats