Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Camera Unavailable

Frequent Visitor

I have three cameras, all within 10 feet of the TouchScreen, and the mobile app does not show video 99% of the time.  I recently went on a week vacation and was unable to access the video at all, always "unavailable".  Everything else works on the mobile app, alarm, disarm, light control, thermostat, but no video.  Have tried all of the above "remedies" mentioned by jeryk1199 to no avail.  I have to question why I am paying for this service.

New Poster

I agree with that statement Blockms.

Official Employee

Hi blockms - 

Are you still experiencing camera issues?

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I agree with you. The camera does not work more than half the time. I constantly have to keep deleting the app and starting it over and over again. Sometimes this helps other times it doesn't. The cameras are always saying unavailable. The last problem I had the technician sd the previous tech used a bad wire. Another visit another technician sd the modem comcast gave me was too small for my internet and camera to function comcast needs to get it together and look at the poor reviews that others , including myself, are posting. If you want the camera fixed they want to charge 80$ for a visit to fix something that is their fault. The service is horrible and I can't wait for my contract to expire so I can leave.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, still having problems.  The iPhone app shows video unavailable most of the time.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same problems as the posters above. I was told to come here to the forums for solutions yet I see none offered which to me says "screw you we don't care". I feel like I was robbed by the company I paid to help protect my home and loved ones. I won't even get into the fact that Comcast is ALWAYS messing with my bill trying to sneak in extra charges on my bill.
Official Employee

Hi joshuagalinato5 - 

Thank you for visiting our forums.  Please understand that our developers are working to create a better camera experience or customers overall.  We do ask customers who are experiencing issues to visit our forums so that we can troubleshoot with them directly. 

Can you describe your issue a bit more?  Can you also let me know if you've recently moved your cameras?  Are you able to view cameras on the Touchscreen or on the Web Portal?  

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue as blockms. I haven't moved the camera. When I open the app it says unable to load preview. Then when I click on it to view a live feed of the camera it says unable to connect to camera or it sits loading for a long time and the image comes up but it's not live, it's a frozen image. This happens when I'm on full strength Wi-Fi as well as on my mobile network, full 4g lte strength.
Frequent Visitor

I should note it also does this when I'm trying to go on with my laptop using the web portal. I see it on my touch screen no problem.
Official Employee

Hi joshuagalinato5 - 

Thank you for providing additional information.  I have opened a ticket on your behalf.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

it still isn't working just so you know
Official Employee

Hi joshuagalinato5 - 

Your ticket is currently under investigation.  I am actively working with the correct team to help get this resolved.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I appreciate that but how long will it take? This is a security system and I'm going on over a week now without being able to access my camera. Security isn't a commodity it's a priority. Over a week is a long time.
Frequent Visitor

Did you figure it out yet?? I'm getting very aggravated.
Frequent Visitor

I feel your pain, I have been dealing with little or no video since I got the system installed last year.

Official Employee

Hi joshuagalinato5 - 

I'm sorry that this has taken longer than anticipated.  It is my understanding that a support technician has reached out to you & left a message with a direct contact number.  They can troubleshoot with you directly & get this resolved.

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

So they basically have just ignored you? This lasts much longer I'm switching to a different company. I've had some stalker activity and I'm not leaving the family unsecured when I'm not home.
Frequent Visitor

And no Rachel, no one has reached out to me or contacted me in any way.
Frequent Visitor

I have not been contacted by anyone from Comcast concerning this issue.

Frequent Visitor

They just called.
Official Employee

Hi blockms -- 

I am sorry you have been experiencing issues.  I will open up a ticket for you to get this addressed.  

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Technician called me today and we spent a lot of time going through troubleshooting, to no avail. As a result he ended up setting up an appointment for a technician to come to the house, no charge. He stated that they were in the process of phasing out the Comcast routers and establishing direct communication with the base unit and a firmware update is also coming later this month. I do have the Comcast router and hopefully this will solve my video issues.

Problem Solver

I wish Comcast would send Xfinity Home users an email when a firmware is scheduled! And they should also communicate with us about the phasing out of the router...
Frequent Visitor

I had the same conversation blockm. Technician scheduled to come out. Funny thing is I just had all this installed mid-march. Wish they're just done it all then but if this fixes everything I'll be content
New Poster

Rachel with Comcast, could you open a case for us as well? We have been dealing with this for 2 years.
Official Employee

Hi tpjm - 

I have opened up a ticket for you. Could you please give me some more details about the issues you are experiencing? 

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have some good news.  The tech just left and the video is working fine on the touch screen, the PC and the IOS mobile app.  As was recommended by the first tech that was here last week, this tech removed the Comcast provided Netgear router and the Comcast provided Ubee mondem and replaced them with a single Comcast provided XB3 modem/router combination.  After the cameras were re-paired to the system the video works as it should.  Thanks Rachel for getting the ball rolling on this, I'm a lot happier now.

New Poster

We had a tech come out Saturday and told us a similar story that the router was not longer needed. However, he could not change/upgrade equipment.

I hope we can get a similar fix soon!

Official Employee

blockms -  Not a problem!  Happy to help.  I will mark your ticket as resolved!

tpjm - I'm continuing to work to help get this issue fixed for you.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

My system started doing th same about a weeka go with no camera picture. I too have the netgear router. RachelH do I need to get this repalced? If so can someone contact me?

Official Employee

Hi CaptJH - 

I have opened up a ticket on your behalf.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Just a follow up to the story.  My video is still working fine, but just notice on my recent bill that Comcast is trying to charge me $35 for connecting my internet (like it was already) on the service visit to fix my video issue.  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. This better be taken care of quickly.

Official Employee

Hi blockms - 

I pulled up your account & see you've already spoken to a tech & have been issued a full credit.  Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Rachel, thanks for checking.  You have made a difference in helping me resolve this issue.  I did do a chat with billing after I made this post and finally got them to fix the $35 charge.  I shouldn't of had to do this and cannot understand how I could have been bill for connecting my internet when:  It was already connected, the service call was to fix a Comcast system deficiency and I am also paying and extra fee per month to take care of these types of service calls. The chat was not easy either, first they refused to do anything until I threatened to cancel my service.  It should have never have come to that point, it was very frustrating. I really made me think about alternative internet solutions. I did save the transcript of the chat if you want to see it and you maybe you will understand my concern.

Official Employee

Hi blockms - 

I'm really sorry for all the trouble you've had and I understand how frustrating it can be.  Please understand we are actively working on providing a better customer experience & streamlining our systems, so we are giving our customers consistent information.  I work to relay customer experiences from the forums back to our team so concerns are being heard.

Thank you, 

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 7 in conversation