New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Motion detection on Cameras

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Motion detection on Cameras

I was told almost 2 years ago that the cameras would start recording when detecting motion. Every contact I had with Comcast confirmed it was coming. This promise was never fulfilled. WHY????

Mike

I also rated the apps low due to this and they said using this site would help correct the proble. I am calling BS.

See below

Comcast Cable Communications September 8, 2015

Hi Mike - We're sorry you are frustrated with your cameras. We can help resolve any issues you are having if you post over on our support site. Thanks. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XH-Mobile-App/bd-p/MobileApp

Accepted Solution

Re: Motion detection on Cameras

Hi Mike - 

I responded to your review & can help with any current camera issues you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Rachel

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi Mike - 

I responded to your review & can help with any current camera issues you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

It is not a mobile app problem. It is a problem with Comcast promising to have motion detection on the outdoor cameras and then not fulfilling that promise. 

When will the camera's work as promised ?

New Poster

Yes, I am having the same issue. It doesn't serve any purpose for it not to record anything when it detects motion. Please provide a solution or a way to add a rule so that it does.

Problem Solver

A work-around is to have a motion detector sense motion and set a rule to record when motion is detected. Only problem is that you only get about 15 seconds of recording. If anyone wants instructions on how to set this up. Send me a PM.

Regular Visitor

Sorry not taking it out on you but I and many others dont want a workaround that costs extra and onlt temporarily might catch something on camera. We were promised a working motion camera whwn we signed up. As far as I am concerned Comcast has broken the contract and should refund money for a non functioning part of the service.

They need to be truthful for once. During the past 2 years I have not heard from anyone in charge saying they own the problem and will fix it. 

Where is Customer Service? Not a peep. 

They need to answer the problem and not ignore it.

Mike

Problem Solver

The offer is still open to anyone interested until if and when Comcast resolves this issue...

New Poster

mike7riley, 

I agree with you! Comcast promised me as well that if I purchased the cameras they would be enable the motion senors on the camera and allow the camera to record throughout the day. I could understand if they charged extra for a DVR for the cameras but the service is not what is promised. I spent over $300 on equipment. That $300 could have gone towards a great camera/dvr bundle. 

Regular Visitor

My rant with Comcast and those camers is that they are literally sitting on my window seal and the rules i have set up do not work.  I was not informed by Comcast business side or technician that because I am a renter they can not install the cameras where I want them without my landlord's permission - what a wasted two visits.  and to top it off calling Comcast to get help or guidance regarding this issue was a joke - went through three reps and when the last one told me he was transferring me yet againa to the "Loyalty Team"  he disconnected us with no follow up call received.  time to move on from Comcast.

And they call me a "valued customer"  - sad times