Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Major android app hiccups

Regular Visitor

Major android app hiccups

HTC ONE phone, TMobile network....phone WILL NOT view cameras on 4g connection.

wifi, it "sometimes" sees them, which is worthless, unless I have wifi available....

Just had system installed earlier today, tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the app, rebooted touchscreen, rebooted phone, power cycled cameras, rebooted xfinity home router, and my DORY gateway.

Can't honestly say I'm that impressed so far....the ability to view my cameras remotely is the only reason I got the system honestly.....

Any suggestions would be great.

Chicagoland market is my location ...

Regular Visitor

Re: Major android app hiccups

I'll add that when trying to access cameras, it get's stuck at "calculating route to camera"...

I think it could be tied to the fact I'm using a DORY gateway for my internet, phone, and wifi, with the xfinity home router behind that....perhaps...

Problem Solver

fearcity wrote:

I'll add that when trying to access cameras, it get's stuck at "calculating route to camera"...

I think it could be tied to the fact I'm using a DORY gateway for my internet, phone, and wifi, with the xfinity home router behind that....perhaps...

That could be behind it all.  I recall they weren't doing intalls with DORY devices for home security and basically would set up you with a different modem, the security router behind it, and then your own or another router behind that (if needed).  Perhaps they started doing connects with DORY now too, as they did mention they were planning on doing that sometime this summer.

That said, people who have their own routers that were set up behind the home security router (which itself was set up behind a modem) would often lose camera connectivity if they switched router connections--placed their router behind the modem but before the home security one on their own.  So it seems to kind of sound like that.

You might need to get Comcast to come out again and possibly replace your DORY with something else, or perhaps perform some other type of configuration maintenance that would resolve the issue.

Regular Contributor

Try to set the DORY to Bridge Mode. You will need call special comcast number, they will deactivate the router abilities in the DORY. You will then need your own router. 

New Poster

I too am experiencing the same problem with a Note 4 via Verizon and the CC app. This too was my reason for getting the system...help Comcast
Official Employee

Hi SonnyCrockette - 

I pulled up your account & opened a ticket on your behalf.  A tech should reach out to you shortly to address the issues you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon