Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Lack of WP8 support blocking our way for Xfinity Home.

Frequent Visitor

Lack of WP8 support blocking our way for Xfinity Home.

I'm unable to find my prior posts regarding a mobile application for the Windows Phone.  Hopefully, posts are not being deleted.   I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but it feels like we're being ignored.. 

There is still an URGENT NEED for an Xfinity application on the Windows 8 mobile platform. 

We've been Comcast customers for 15+ years and have quite a few bundles which include tv, internet and voice.  At the present time we are unable to add Xfinity Home due to the lack of support for the Windows Phone.  One of the key features is remote control via smartphone.  In fact, we were going to upgrade today, but we keep hitting the same brick wall.

My husband (works at MS) and I have Windows 8 phones.  There is a HUGE WP8 user base in our area (Puget Sound/Seattle).  Comcast's delay/reluctance to release an application for WP is preventing a lot of users from adding Xfinity Home.  In essence costing Comcast $. 

Furthermore, no official word from Comcast leaves a very bad taste in the mouth of many of those loyal customers.  Two of our friends have actually switched providers entirely! 

Since there has been so much interest in an Xfinity Windows Phone application, WOULD YOU PLEASE provide some sort of official word from Comcast? 

Sincerely,

Melanie A. G.

Redmond, WA

P.S. Why am I still a "visitor"? I've been posting here since 2011.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Lack of WP8 support blocking our way for Xfinity Home.

Don't forget Windows 8 and RT but once you develop it for one of the three Windows platforms, porting it over to the other two is relatively straight forward. Sadly, they HAVE an Xfinity Remote App for Windows Phone 8 but they don't bother to include a link to the Microsoft Store in their Help section! Xfinity and the rest of the industry brought this on themselves when they began to develop native code for specific platforms while leaving others in the cold. They also need to ramp up Xfinity TV Go for Xbox One. At least some of that code is also portable between Microsoft platforms. At last count, there are approximately 250 MILLION active Windows 8 users. If you're not willing to support all major platforms, you shouldn't support any of them. Theoretically, you (Comcast) could use a web standard like HTML 5 instead of falling back on Flash and native code. As a web services company, this is just sad for the modern web. If you guys think that I will actually purchase digital content from you without cross platform support and access to that content, you can forget it. I've been using Xbox services for all of my rentals and digital media purchases. I don't fit the profile as a cord cutter but don't think for a minute that this is relegated to millenials.
Frequent Visitor

Count me as one of the Dissatisfied WP8 users and long time Comcast customer(including Home)

Please make all Comcast/Xfinity apps available for Windows Phone too.

Not getting what we pay for.

Frequent Visitor

Still no app for WP8 and strangely no offer of a refund on service that is unusable.

Comcast Cares, but not about us.

New Poster

Can someone please respond. I have the home security system and have seen nothing in terms of an effort to produce an app for WinPhone. Due to the fact Comcast does not provide the key chains to remotely shut off the alarm I have to either log in to my Surface or use one of the kids IPhones. Please Please Please someone develop the app or I'm going back to ADT.

New Poster

I recently was talked into Xfinity Home in a package deal.  So far, there are two non-negotiable deal breakers for me, and both will need to be resolved before I will keep this product past the trial period.

1. I need a Windows 8 Phone app.  Period.

2. I need to be able to give access to one or more of my secondary comcast accounts.  I can already grant or deny access to voicemail, etc.  This is no different.

New Poster

Another dissatisfied customer here. I should be able to stream xfinity content to my windows phone 8 device. Unfortunately there is no app in the store and streaming from the browser didn't work.

BTW, I also own an Xbox One that is missing Xfinity even though it was available on the 360.

I understand it takes time and money to make these applications but I also understand developing for one MS product gets you very close to all of them. 200M Windows 8 customers, 30M. Windows Phone customers, and 4M Xbox One customers seems like a consumer base worth having.
New Poster

I am also unhappy for the lack of WP8 support. I am currently using a workaround by pinning the login for the web portal to my phone menu. However, this is just a temporary fix. WE REALLY NEED THE WP8 APPLICATION!

Regular Visitor

This has been frustrating for months that there is no Windows Phone 8 app and no response from Comcast. AT&T Digital Home has an app and I will seriously consider making the switch once my Comcast contract is up if there is no Xfinity Home WP8 app.

Service Expert
Moved:

Moved to a secure location for using inappropriate language and bypassing the language filters.

Frequent Visitor

I no longer care about whether they do anything to support the Microsoft ecosystem. I will just start stripping services away from them. It will probably start with CenturyLink for their new gigabit Internet and home phone. Then, as soon as I can find a viable alternative to cable TV, I'll cancel that too. I am a LONG standing Triple Play Platinum customer but clearly, that doesn't mean anything to them. I'm sure that CenturyLink will be glad to take my money. This thread is a good reminder to take a look at the plans that CenturyLink has and check on availability of gigabit fiber.
New Poster

Obviously this is impacting a large part of the customer base. Can somone from Comcast please respond with some sort of answer. Even if it is to say no we are not working on a Win8 or Windows based app. Something so we can stop being frustrated. The lack of any communication makes it worse.

Frequent Visitor

We should start a pool for whether they respond to this or not. I just replied to four other threads about the same topic in the Xfinity TV forum. I'm guessing that they won't notice.