Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Individual passwords for I-phone for children over 18.

New Poster

Individual passwords for I-phone for children over 18.

Would it be possible to assign my two sons with there own password in order to arm and disarm the Home system on there I-Phone.

Official Employee

Re: Individual passwords for I-phone for children over 18.

Your children must use the same username/password to access the Xfinity Home mobile app, but you may setup separate PINs for each child.  Here are steps to set this up...

1.)  Visit http://www.xfinity.com/xhslogin

2.)  Login with your Comcast username & password

3.)  Hover over the "Security" tab.  You should see a drop-down menu.

4.)  Select "Key Pad Codes".  From this screen you can add additional access codes for each of your sons, as well as restrict access by days of the week.

Hope that helps!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This is comment/question to Comcast or whoever decided that we should share primary account login details with kids...This is called "Securit system" and basic security rule is not to give admin or in this case primary user credentials to anyone and what you are saying is that we need to give it to all household members who need to arm/disarm!? If this is the case this is far away from any security rule or compliance - very bad.

Frequent Visitor

Completely agree! I just had xfinity home installed and I found that out. So, if I want to see who disables and enables the security system I have to force my kids to use the key pad. With individual user ID's and passwords for the app I would be able to tell who did and when.

It would also be nice if you could include a GPS setting to the app permissions with the secondary logons. So you could make it so the secondary user ID's could only be able to enable or disable the system within a certain distance of the house.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation