Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Frequently can't access cameras

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

As I have reported to customer support and Comcast technicias, I frequently have trouble accessing my camera(s) from the Xfinity Home app - It simply says "Could not connect to camera." Added an additional camera and I now have the problem with one or both at various times. The technician indicated it was a common problem and had not yet been fixed. I have had this problem frequently for the entire time I have had Home security (over two years). 

There is no reliable solution - force quitting the app, logging out, etc do not really help. Rebooting the camera sometimes works, but typically when I have had this problem at home, I can see the camera on my touchscreen. So it is not a connectivity or camera problem. This happens about 30% of the time

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 6

11berg wrote:

As I have reported to customer support and Comcast technicias, I frequently have trouble accessing my camera(s) from the Xfinity Home app - It simply says "Could not connect to camera." Added an additional camera and I now have the problem with one or both at various times. The technician indicated it was a common problem and had not yet been fixed. I have had this problem frequently for the entire time I have had Home security (over two years). 

There is no reliable solution - force quitting the app, logging out, etc do not really help. Rebooting the camera sometimes works, but typically when I have had this problem at home, I can see the camera on my touchscreen. So it is not a connectivity or camera problem. This happens about 30% of the time

I only have two cameras, but they sometimes get unplugged for one reason or another.  How is your system installed?  Mine is using my Comcast gateway and it is centrally located between my camerals.  Maybe you have wifi issues.  Have you looked at your wifi signal strength?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 6
Ditto... Same issue for me. Camera Events saved on the cloud will not play on mobile app. I have to log on via desktop or laptop to see recorded motion events.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 6

Hello all,

11berg - It seems like there is a connectivity issue or wireless interference between the cameras and gateway. Have you ever tried an ethernet connection for your XH system? You have mentioned you can see the cameras on your touchscreen but have you checked the touchscreen at the same time when you had issues with the app?

Hensleyx5 - Are you getting any error message on the app? 

Please, I will need you both to try the following:

- Reboot the gateway

- When gateway back online, reboot the touchscreen

- Reboot cameras

- Wait until camera image is on the touchscreen and then check app for video.  

Also, please try mobile device via wifi and then cell connection to see if the image pops in

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 6
All if this remedies have been tried. Technicians have inspected but the regular problems persist. I was promised an escalation of service but no response.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 6

Hi 11berg, I can escalate this issue for you so that the problem get's resolved. When was the last time you had a tech come out to your home and inspect the cameras and your Wi-Fi single? I recommend that we get a tech scheduled to come out and repair this issue for you, if you have already performed the steps above the cameras may be too far away to get an adequate signal in order to operate. The tech came boost your signal, or move the modem to a more central location that can support your cameras. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.