New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fingerprint option disappeared

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
I have seen the fingerprint option appear sporadically below the numeric keypad. The last time I caught it I set up fingerprint security. After I set it up I used it successfully.

Now it's not there anymore and I haven't seen it come back since. Appears to be some kind of bug. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Settings. Let me know there's anything else you need. This is an iPhone 6S plus. Thanks.
IMG_1678.PNG
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

Miketiano wrote:
I have seen the fingerprint option appear sporadically below the numeric keypad. The last time I caught it I set up fingerprint security. After I set it up I used it successfully.

Now it's not there anymore and I haven't seen it come back since. Appears to be some kind of bug. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Settings. Let me know there's anything else you need. This is an iPhone 6S plus. Thanks.

THis would be an Apple issue, not Comcast

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Are part of the XFINITY app development team telling me this?
Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 5

I seen the fingerprint feature also.  I also used it and really thought it was an amazing feature, sad to see it gone.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
IOW assuming it is an Apple issue it's incumbent upon me (and any others experiencing this bug) to report it to Apple to resolve, and XFINITY does nothing?

BZZT wrong answer. It's the responsibility of the app developer to own & oversee the issue, including posting Release notes so users are aware of the issue & even pulling the feature if problematic. I wouldn't have wasted my time here if this was some inconsequential app from a guy in his dorm room, but this is from a major corporation I'm trusting with my family's security and the safety of my house. Just because you say it's an Apple issue doesn't hold water without some data to back you up.