Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

FIX THE CAMERA CONNECTIONS TO THE PORTAL AND APP

Contributor

FIX THE CAMERA CONNECTIONS TO THE PORTAL AND APP

HEY XFINITY, THE COMPANY WHERE WE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT SCREW YOU IF YOUR SERVICE DOESNT WORK. I AM LEAVING ON VACATION AND OF COURSE I, AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE SEVERAL CUSTOMERS, THE CAMERAS WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE PORTAL OR THE APP. THEY WORK WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT. ITS BAD ENOUGH THIS COMPANY CHARGES AN ARM AND A LEG FOR MOTION AND DOOR SENSORS WHEN YOU CAN GET THE EXACT SAME THING ON AMAZON AND INSTALL IT YOURSELF FOR AROUND $20 A PIECE BUT FOR THE CAMS TO NOT WORK WHEN I LEAVE FOR VACATION IS UNEXCEPTABLE. THIS IS A FORUM. AT LEAST THESE SO CALLED TECHNICIANS OR WHOMEVER MONITOR THIS WEBSITE COULD TAKE A SECOND OUT OF THEIR MONEY GOUGING DAY AND POST WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THE SRVICE. ADT I AM COMING SOON. THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND

Official Employee

Re: FIX THE CAMERA CONNECTIONS TO THE PORTAL AND APP

cfdc - 

Our engineers are actively working to resolve the problem now.

Thanks, 

Shannon

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

How long does it take??? I hope you're sending out a credit to everyone!!!!!! I am leaving for vacation in 2 hours and of course no cameras.. You guys never fail to make me laugh.
New Poster

the app NEVER works---going to cancel subscription. I would say 80% of the time - the camera does NOT populate.
New Poster

cannot connect home  modum to wifi

Official Employee

Hi budvjanetsimmon - 

Can you please explain the issues you are experiencing in more detail?  Are you having an issue with the Xfinity Home Security mobile app?

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I can not keep  connected to wifi with my security modem the message is as follows-- communications to the system are lost. my wifi light on the security modem will not stay lit., so I can't load my camera

Problem Solver

To all new posters, the solution to your problems with the security system should first begin with a call to Comcast...these forums are not really intended to fix most issues...you should give the telephone support a try at the same time!
Official Employee

Hi budvjanetsimmon - 

Thanks!  I have opened up a ticket on your behalf to get this resolved.

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

So we are supposed to call, wait on hold and then deal with a tier 1 support person that follows the troubleshoot process they have to - which is usually everything we have already done. The usual steps are along the lines of: reboot every device, reload the app (if app is issue), either blame it on your phone/device or needs a truck roll to get to next level of support. Even asking for a supervisor or manager can't get around the next step being a truck roll that is useless.

They sent a tech out to install our home system. Geez - he had no clue that the xfinity home device was actually a dumbed down wireless router running their own firmware. It was clear at that point that he was in over his head. He finally gave up and scheduled another visit to continue - best he could do was a week out!! Told him fine - and I'd get it working before then. I did get it all working and installed. Part of the issue with slow cameras or poor connections is the super cheap router they use - think the ports are 10mbps or 10/100 (have to dig into router specs again).  Dang, if they spent a tad more and upgraded the port speeds and a better wireless with more range/power there would be a lot fewer complaints. Call in first?  LOL  no way - it's too frustrating and a waste of a few hours. Been looking at the posts about "sorry about your problem. I have opened a ticket for you and our engineers are working on it and will be in touch" (or some flavor of that) and noticed that there is never a followup post that the issue was fixed - or someone actually followed up.

Problem Solver

You might be right, but posting here is the bottom of the barrel...unfortunately it is what it is, and you just have to get lucky to get a good tech...I know it's frustrating, but it is the only real way to solve most of the issues. Good luck though, and make sure YOU too let us know if the issue gets fixed!
Official Employee

Hi windrider118 - 

Once a ticket is opened & a technician calls a customer directly, I am able to see in our ticketing system when their issue has been resolved.  I also typically follow up with users via private message.  

Thanks! 

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation