New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error message for Works with Xfinity devices

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 3

I've noticed that everytime, I leave my home wifi and take my iPhone with me I have an exclamation point only on the ios Home app on the iPhone when I return hoe. This does not occur on the touchscreen or the iPad that stays at home in the wifi. I've come to the conclusion that it occurs when my iPhone tries to connect to another wifi network wherever I happen to be. My workaround is to the just close the iPhone Home app and when I reload it the exclamation point is gone. Is there another solution for this or is there an update coming for the app that is needed.  

2 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 3
Hi, I've run across EXACTLY the same problem that you have described. I was wondering if anyone from Comcast reached out to you with any sort of update or solution - the exact message is "Works With Xfinity Home devices are unable to connect at this time." There are no "extra" devices (such as the thermostat, door locks, etc.) so I should never be seeing this error to begin with. The exclamation point is in the upper right hand corner of the iOS app.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi ML80! Are you still having this issue with your Xfinity Home and and Wifi? If so, can you please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services? I'd like to look into your account to see if I can determine what is causing this. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon