Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App.

Official Employee

Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App.

We have recently experienced an issue that is causing errors for customers on the Xfinity Home mobile app.  We are working to restore service as soon as possible and will post updates here.

Thanks for your patience.

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App.

As I've stated previously, this system needs to be 100% reliable for your customers. I don't understand the constant problems, and with no explanations...why isn't upper management taking notice of this and making the necessary corrective staffing changes???

New Poster

Any progress here?  I keep getting error 43502 and 43504 on the mobile app, and via my computer Comcast Home says it's unavailable.

Regular Visitor

Thank you for the notice, however during this time of year for the holidays, it's seemingly crucial that maybe updates to this outage and regular updates could be posted somewhere a little easier to find, or even texted to your user base, or even emailed.  With all the SPAM i get, an hourly update letting me know that it's still down would be a better way than having us guess if we need to clear caches, restart our phones, or other steps to start working again.

Thank you,

William

New Poster

"Having trouble logging you in" issue here as well. Not only on the mobile app, but through the website as well. I just had this service installed Mon, if this is normal, i think I should just back out of this all together..
New Poster

I need to turn off my alarm for guests arriving today; can't access the website or use the app?  Where is the credit on my account for non-functioning systems??  I don't want to give my code out to people which is why I wanted the app to begin with.

Frequent Visitor

Problem here, as well, with Galaxy S6, Galaxy Tab 4, and my computer. Comcast needs to fix this ASAP. ComcastRachelH, is there a timeframe for this urgently needed fix?

Contributor

Need this fixed asap. And who do we contact for service credit?
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem: 43502 error on an iPhone.
New Poster

I have the same issue, too! I can't login in my xfinity home app. I'm gettin "Error 13502". This is very frustrating!

New Poster

I'm getting error 13502 and have been all day. This is very frustrating. Any word on a fix yet?
New Poster

Just switched from ADT, after 17 trouble free years, to a system that is still not fully installed as promised, and it's major selling point is non functional. Maybe I should take Direct tv and ADT up on their offer to return.
Frequent Visitor

Any updates? No response for 5 hours is a good customer service model to follow
Regular Visitor

This is awful. If you expect to be a home security vendor then you need almost 100% reliability. I've had nothing but issues lately. Thankfully my contract is up in a few months and I'll be switching to ADT. I never had issues at my old place with ADT.
Frequent Visitor

I am also receiving an error 13502.  been getting different errors all day and haven't been able to log into the web app either. 

Regular Visitor

i am also experiencing the same configuration error code #13502. Any updates?

New Poster

Same here - error code 13502 - just had system installed 4 days ago - ready to terminate service.
New Poster

Sorry to inform you for those that just had system installed. The failures on the mobile app are very frequent at least once a week. Not sure why since i never get the same answer when talking to comcast
Frequent Visitor

Here in South-Central Indiana we are still down. Ridiclous. Error code 13502. It's kind of hard to arm the system from home when you are not home and the system is not functional.

This is my tipping point to break contract and head to Vivint. The reliablity of this service has been nothing short of horrible in the short time I have been a subscriber. 

New Poster

Error code 13502 AND 21001 - Will terminate service tomorrow as I'm within my 30 trial period.
Frequent Visitor

Get out while you still have a 30 day guarantee. Trust me - been a subscriber for ~ 6 months and will be breaking my contract to head to a more realiable service. 

New Poster

I hear you - I should have known better than to sign up with a amateur security company. I feel for those who are locked into an agreement. Time to band together for a class action.
New Poster

New Poster

Well apears yet another outage. These are becoming too frequent. I work in I.T. I understand outages but with a system as important as monitoring your home, i would think you would have a back up system and have all hands on deck fixing the very frequent and annoying outages in a timely matter.. Im going on 2.5 days of this outage (this time) with no update. Shoot an email out to your subscribers ( you will be amazed at how much that small amount of good customer service will go) so we know whats happening . Ok thats my rant ... Good luck and hurry up
Regular Visitor

Can we please get an update to this outage?  I'm still getting the error message.
The sad part is i'm in Jacksonville FL, and I see others are from other parts of the Country.  sad that the load balancing of this doesn't have a Disaster Recovery solution that after a 3 hour outage, you switch to a DR solution for your customers.

I know we're all complaining on here, but an outage happens, and we can understand that.  Things break.  But this time of outage, and poor service/response/updates is what causes understanding (but frustrated) people to become upset and start spewing rudeness.

Thank you,

William

New Poster

Thank goodness I found this forum, had I not, I would've just guessed this was a one time occurrence and continued on with life. But reading these comments, and seeing how far back they go, it's plain to see that they have issue they have not resolved yet. I will be contacting XFINITY to cancel my subscription to this service and save myself the 1200..
New Poster

So Rachel, you last communicated with us over 6 hours ago - What's up? You said you'd post updates but have not heard from you. Would appreciate better communications from Comcast.
New Poster

Too bad on these regular outages. Comcast does a pretty good job with their other services and the most important one... security takes a back seat. I will probably opt out when I can. It happens on a regular basis. I hope upper mangament either invest in good tech for this or gets out of the business of home security. JMO

New Poster

I bet Rachel has ADT at her home.
New Poster

Still laughing @ bay's astute observation. Smiley Happy

New Poster

I would assume they are doing a modification of their backbone server infrastructure allowing better integration with third-party API's ... But at least give us a warning jeez.
New Poster

Might be a good idea to replace those "Protected by Xfinity Home Security" and replace them with another company.. It would be too easy for would be thieves to monitor these forums and have a few Xfinity Home Security homes in mind...
Contributor

I've had xfinity home since September of 2012. It's really not a bad service. Recently this has been happening more frequently but before all this I have had no complaints.
New Poster

13502 and 21001 error once again it's always something with xfinity you are gonna lose more and more customers including me we pay for a service we expect a quality product get it together please and hire some engineers that know how to hastily square away a problem Geez
New Poster

I'm also now getting error #21001. This is getting ridiculous. 

New Poster

This service is horrific. Let's not forget what time of year it is and breaking/home invasions are at their peak in the Bay Area. For the price we pay for service this connection should never fail as often as it does. I have been locked into my contract for a year now and this has happened more times than I can count on both hands. Obviously your IT people are not providing the service to your customers. Upgrade the system! Lack of communication to your customers is completely unacceptable.
New Poster

Still having problems here too. Waiting for an update!
Contributor

Still having issues trying to sign in as well.

New Poster

Same here. Error codes 21001 and 13503.
This is since we got the system installed in october.

Also, I am still waiting for customer service to return my call about the cost of the system. I was told the only charge was 34.99 for install. I am waiting for customer service to call me back after they reviewed the phone call where I was solicited to order it. I have called three times, and each time they say they will call me back. They still have not reviewed the tapes and now I am at one month past install. What do I do?
New Poster

Any update?
Frequent Visitor

I've had this for 3 years it continues to get worse .. Cameras take forever to load !!! Outages 2-3x a month ... I'm emailing an upper mgt guy from Delaware office .. Maybe he will get ball rolling
Frequent Visitor

I just got off chat session they say its maintenance.. First she said they're aware of issue then I said BS so her reply changed to maint
Frequent Visitor

As an IT manager of 11 years, I can say without a doubt that not communicating Maintenance of a planned outage is completely unacceptable. I would be fired on the spot if I didn't notify my customers and partners of maintenance. Shame really. As others have said, a simple email to all subscribers notifying them of the planned maintenance would go a long way to retaining happier customers. Notice I didn't say happy customers.
New Poster

Please provide more timely updates, an operational mobile security system is the prime reason I have Xfinity Home and the lack of information is unacceptable. A notice that the system is not operational would be appreciated for those of us that depend on the system daily, finding out that it is not functioning by accident is not the way to do business. We have four mobile devices and none will communicate with our home system, either fix it or cancel my service!

Frequent Visitor

Online portal is down as well
Frequent Visitor

Just logged in on iohonevapp it's working in Philadelphia area
New Poster

Agree with Mike. Philly is back up. Fast too.
New Poster

Huntsville, AL , back online at 10:30 PM. Lack of customer communication will cost Comcast if not fixed, we pay a premium for this system and expect premium service.

New Poster

Pittsburgh appears to be back up too.

New Poster

Cali is working, and loading very well
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats