Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App

ANSWERED
Official Employee

Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App

Customers may experience issues on the Xfinity Home mobile app this morning, including issues when accessing their activity/history feed.  Our engineers are already working to address this issue.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Re: Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App

I haven't been able to log in to the app from my phone for a few days.
I keep getting a 13999 error message.
How do I fix it?
View answer in context
New Poster

I haven't been able to log in to the app from my phone for a few days.
I keep getting a 13999 error message.
How do I fix it?
Official Employee

Hi Olessa - 

Thanks for reaching out.  I pulled up your account and believe you may be trying to sign in with an email address that is not the primary on your Xfinity Home security account.  I will private message you with the email address to try.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

Says failed to log in - Web portal as well - Just this afternoon.  Any ETA?

New Poster

I can't log in to xfinty home through iPhone app all of the sudden today. I keep getting an error message.
Frequent Visitor

I've got the same issue here as well.  Not able to login and it says there is a problem but not even an error message.  Yes I have the right username and password.  

Frequent Visitor

Unable to login to my home security from the app and from the TV its saying having trouble retrieving Xfinity information please try again later era XHS 8003
Frequent Visitor

I'm also thinking of someone breaking my house will the alarm goes
Frequent Visitor

My TV app says the same :

Let's Try That Again: We're having trouble retrieving your XFINITY Home system information. Please try again later. HomeStream Connection Error - XHS - 8003

Valued Contributor

I guess a known issue - I understand these - for a short time that is Smiley Wink

New Poster

Error 13502 is my error for the day on this unreliable piece of garbage. Tried deleting, reinstalling, downloading a new unrelated app. Still keep getting error messages. Any thoughts ?
New Poster

update????????????

Regular Visitor

Also having issues logging in and/or arming my system with iphone app. Cannot arm with X1 either,. error says it's because of my cellular connection. What? X1 connects to my internet connection not cellular,

Fixes these issues please

Frequent Visitor

Constant issues with xhs,  I am wondering if XFINITY is living up to its end of the contract... Poor reception in my own home,  can't use the touchscreen in my bedroom and now none of the apps are working...  Beyond irritated p*d off for the amount of money I pay for Quad play 

New Poster

hi, I received the error all day yesterday and again this morning. Is this going to be fixed? I am paying an expensive monthly service and its upsetting that the app is not being fixed. The error I am receiving is Error:#13502. Both my boyfriend and i. 

New Poster

Can not log in to home security system. I am presently on hold for the last 32 minutes trying to reach someone at Comcast. Tried logging in both from the computer and from my cellphone with the Xfinity Home app.  This has been going on for two days.  I am paying a lot of money for this service and am locked in for 2 years.  If I can't log in and make sure my home is protected, then I figure that is a breach of contract and I will have to get a different, more reliable home security system.  Fix this ASAP.  

New Poster

My error message for today is 21001. Still can't login. Still doesn't save my user name or password on iOS even though the box is checked. Very convenient, esp when you're in a hurry. This app is one step below USELESS!! Hey Comcast.. Here's a novel idea.. How about testing an app or update before you release it?!? Hire a knowledgable firm that knows how to build an app.. This is pathetic!!!
Official Employee

joey12volt, Albers1, labileaffect, rbannister1, Cayenneman, johnix99, Volfran, hthang, ROKA15000 -

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your names and accounts to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix. I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

We are having the same issue with the app. Unable to log in since yesterday. Have reset my password and uninstalled re-installed app....still not working.

Official Employee

Hi surfinbecky1 - 

We're currently experiencing a wider issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your name and account to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix.  I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

What is the problem w\ home sec system? It has not been connecting, cameras down, and just a lot of issues that I know are not relate to my wifi setup.

Why are there never any messages sent to end users when there is a problem? I really thinking about dropping them.
Official Employee

Hi erflds - 

The errors you are experiencing are due to the larger issue that we are currently experiencing on the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are already actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.

I am adding your name and account to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix.  I will provide updates as they are available.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same issues, 13502 error with home mobile app. Its always something with xfinity. You would think after paying them almost $200 a month they would pull their heads out of their rearends and establish a legit customer service/ issue feedback department. To xfinity: If your going to have crappy equipment and a crappy operating system AT LEAST get a customer service department who is less interested in what they're programmed to say and more interested in the customer and the customers issues at hand. Ive had xfinity for 3 1/2 months been on the phone with you guys like 6 times had two techs come out twice already. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im ready to switch companies and i will not pay the "fee" for breaking my security contract! Id rather stand up for every other customer and take action if you try to make me pay that even though my so called services i paid for never worked half the time! Please i like the operating platform just get it fixed!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

a royally ticked off customer

Regular Visitor

Im unable to connect to my home ,, cant arm alarm ar control thermostat from my mobile app,,  also keeps logging me out and reseting login page to Blank

Please help !!

Frequent Visitor

I just called technical support regarding the issue and the woman on the line said there were no outages on Tuesday or Wednesday and the system is fully functioning today. If that were true, I would be able to access the app and portal to monitor my system as the advertisements state. I am not happy about being called a liar and then treated like a fool when I am clearly having issues. Great service, Comcast!
New Poster

I called technical support and the woman had no idea Xfinity has been "updating their entire network" for the past two days and didn't inform her, or any of their customers. This is UNNACCEPTABLE. I have had nothing but problems since setting this service up, and even after having a tech come out and spend 4+ hours reinstalling it and swapping out the modem/router and assuring me it would work, IT DOES NOT WORK.

How am I supposed to trust a system with the following issues:

- Xfinity Home App works about 40% of the time. 

- Cameras only work about 40% of the time

- Continuing "communication failures" although batteries are 100% and in range of the main keypad, affecting our ability to arm/disarm remotely. INSANE!

- TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

All I can do is warn others NOT TO USE COMCAST. I am at my wits end. 

New Poster

Error code 13502

Since yesterday I have problem but sometime its delay, but today this code (error code 13502) appears on my iPhone xfinity home app and will not allow me to access my security system. Very frustrating this thing. This app has been inconsistent since 10-12-2015. Any fix in the works??
I need this app to be reliable.
Official Employee

Hi jgossett52, RamboRichy, JRE1, rufustiger - 

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your Xfinity Home systems & when contacting customer support.  We are aware of an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal. Our engineers have been and continue to actively work on this issue. When resolved, App & Portal functionality will be restored & nothing will be needed to be done on your end. I will provide updates to the pinned message at the top of this thread as they become available. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having problems with the phone app not logging into the security system.  It worked the first few days I had it, now I get a message saying it looks like you are offline, connect to another network or try again.   When I try again,it says we are having trouble logging you in, then the app crashes.  I have a Note 4 android phone.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 5 times now and no luck.

Regular Visitor

Hi
I have been unable to log into the home security app for the past 2 days. I know for a fact I am entering the correct email and paasword. Please help!
Official Employee

Hi poipoi88 & smilinsuzanne

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.  We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions. 

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I'm just going to do a dump of all my errors here.  I don't know if there are software issues, network issues, or if they guys that did the install really didn't know what they were doing. (It took two guys, three days to do a panel swap.  At the end, they called in someone from another alarm company to help with the wiring)

I'm about a year into XH - I rely on the iPhone app heavily because I had to move my Control Panel into the basement where I could connect it to the XH Router via Ethernet. (The WiFi connection was dropping 2-3 times per week, and the engineers decided that it shouldn't reconnect without a hard reset)

Right now, I haven't been able to connect to my Camera since the middle of September.

Over the past couple weeks, the iPhone app has thrown the following list of errors multiple times:

I'm posting here because ComcastRachelH has proven to be the best source of any answers.  When I called in to discuss the problems, the information that I recieved was a) I'm locked into my contract for another year, and b) My price is going up because the promo ended.

Help?

Official Employee

Hi dbc55438 - 

I've pulled up your account to begin troubleshooting.  I'd like to private message you to ask you some questions about the way your XHome system is set up in your home.

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats