Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot login to mobile app when CPE is down

Frequent Visitor

Cannot login to mobile app when CPE is down

Noticed a pretty bad flaw in Xfinity's home security this morning.  For some reason the "CPE" went down -- naturally I wasn't alerted to this situation until I tried to use the mobile app.  Kept on giving me an error when trying to login.

I was able to login on the website with the same username and password and that's when I saw the CPE issue.  I had to go home and put a paperclip in the touchscreen to fix -- that doesn't really seem like a robust system.

Then I was able to use the mobile app.

There's a whole bunch of fail here on Comcast's side.  To add to that my home internet went down during troubleshooting.  No one at comcast can tell me why.

Oh and when I called about the home security problem I was routed over to some customer care line where the guy wanted to reduce my bill.  I just want this expensive buggy system to work.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot login to mobile app when CPE is down

Hi chris3 -- 

The trouble you are experiencing may be due in part to the wider issue posted in this pinned thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XH-Mobile-App/Intermittent-Issues-with-Xfinity-Home-Mobile-App/td-p/253...

We'd like to know if you are still experiencing these issues.  If so, then we can proceed to open a ticket.

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon