New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Apple App

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 6

My wife and daughter use the iPhone (7 & 6s) and thier apps were working for the first week, but then started to act up. Once signed in the app stores the login information, so that the next time you open it, you're in the app. On their phones, when they open the app, it goes to the login screen and says "Authentification failed. Please try again or use a different method." We never changed the credentials, so we don't know how to get past this screen. We have compared to my Google Pixel and the credentials are the same as what I'm using. We tried to delete the apps from their devices and reinstall, to no avail. What would be stopping them from loggin in?  

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 6

The App Store has nothing to do with Xfinity. Also, you shouldn't all be using the same login information. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 3 of 6

The app is installed on their phones, there is no issue with the app store...The problem we're running into is logging into the app, so that you can control the Home system. As I said, all three phones worked properly for about a week, so I don't think the credentials are the problem. We set the system up with the Xfinity installer and he physically walked me through installing it on all of our devices, telling me to use the same credentials for all devices. I can't seem to find a place in the Xfinity Home section of the Xfinity's website, where you can add multiple user devices/logins. I only find where you can give multiple users their own passcodes.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 6

HiFiJoe -- 

Thanks for reaching out.  I pulled up your account & have begun looking into this for you.  The installer is correct & the Xfinity Home app only supports sign in with one email address -- the one used at the time on install.  I'd like to confirm the email address you are using.  Can you please send me a private message with this information?  You can PM me by clicking on "ComcastRachelH" & then clicking on "Private Message Me."

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 6

I replied and have not heard back...

Posted by
Admin1

Message 6 of 6

Hi HiFiJoe -- I can look at that email sign in for you. Are you using your comcast.net email or a 3rd party email? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon